Chapter 3

After parting lips with Camden, all Leighton was left with was the regret of telling him no. All her feelings from spring break started to come back and a few tears began to roll down her cheeks. Camden noticed and got a worried look spreading across his face.
"Sweetheart what's wrong?"
She just shook her head and the tears continued to fall. Camden grabbed her hand, led her his bedroom around the corner and sat her down on his bed. He knelt down in front of her and looked up at her which just made his heart ache.
"Don't cry babe," he said bringing his hand up to wipe away her tears. She finally began to calm down and then spoke.
"I can't believe I just walked away from you and left you there on the beach. That's the biggest mistake I've ever made."
Hearing this was a blow to his already broken heart. Thinking back to the night on the beach made him nauseous. He tried his hardest to make every second perfect for the girl he cherished. Bringing her flowers, taking her on adventures around the island and creating the most romantic date he possibly could on he beach was all him trying to show how much he truly did like her. He thought that all went unnoticed though as she just left him on the beach, his question unanswered.
"If it was a mistake, then why didn't you turn back around or try to find me?" the hurt in his eyes showed as Leighton sat a sobbed.
"I've been hurt bad, Camden! I'm just scared that when I find a guy, he's just gonna use me and move on. I don't want that. I want an actual relationship."
Camden stared into her eyes trying to seach for answers. "That's what I wanted Leighton, I wanted you, I wanted us"
She just looked down into her lap still crying and thought about what she could have had or could still have. Camden placed his hand on her chin tilting it back up towards him and kissed her, not ever wanting to stop. He wanted to let her know just how much he still loved her♥♥