‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎sentimental ㅡ kowaka jiro / katsuki bakugo

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

characters:
kowaka jiro belongs to me.
katsuki bakugo belongs to kohei horikoshi; the portrayal inspired by lottie.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

content warnings:
losers in love.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

katsuki bakugo was never a sentimental person

katsuki bakugo was never a sentimental person. he never kept those stupid ticket stubs from movies his parents took him to, or those wristbands from events or theme parks. he never kept the valentine's day cards his peers gave him. why would he? they were irrelevant. katsuki didn't care about some shitty confession from some loser who didn't even care about him. they didn't know him; they just knew he was powerful.

after entering UA highschool; the school of his dreams, he swore to be the best of the best. making friends or getting into a relationship was the last of his worries. he was there to get stronger so he could become the number one hero.

then enters kowaka jiro. the older sister of one of his stupid classmates, who he couldn't care less about. one of the most confusing people he's ever met. she spoke in the third person, like she was talking about someone else entirely. her hair was stupid, her voice was stupid, the way she cared about animals (even gross bugs) was stupid, how she kept bothering him was stupid. everything about her was stupid.

the only thing about that wasn't stupid about her, if he absolutely had to chose something, was her quirk. being able to influence people's actions, and even their thoughts would be an incredibly useful ability to have access to. at first, he convinced himself that he only let her hang around him because of that. there was nothing wrong with that in his mind, it was how he made most of his so-called friends.

but then he started noticing how kind she was, how thoughtful she was, how genuine she was, how pretty ㅡ wait, what? he started realizing that his face heated up at the mere mention of her, and not out of anger. he started noticing her quirk drawbacks and the small changes in her dialogue when she was upset, excited, or angry.

when he realized kowaka knew sign language and it was one of her main ways of communication when she lost her voice, some part of him wanted to learn it too. soon after realizing that he was doing research on his phone, watching videos, and checking out books from the local library. he felt like a total dweeb for it, and he would rather die than admit he was doing it for her. so whenever someone questioned him about it, he just said it was so he could be a better hero. heroes should be able to easily communicate with as many people as possible.

he started keeping the notes she wrote him whenever she lost her voice in a small box in the back of his closet. nobody had to know. her shitty handwriting was hard to decipher, like her hand couldn't keep up with how fast her thoughts were. katsuki kept the tickets from the concerts she dragged him along to and from the movies they went to together. when valentine's day came around, he even kept the childish card she gave him too. he received multiple, but hers was the only one he cared about.

katsuki bakugo wasn't the sentimental type, until he met someone who made it worthwhile.