Chapter 3: Reunion Of Shared Bloods And Endless Love

I set foot on the private hangar floor, with Momo's pet carrier on my hand. I take in the fresh nightly air, after what it seems like 15+ hours consuming 'conditioned' air.

Nick escorted me to a black Infiniti Q45 that's conveniently parked in the hangar. I put the pet carrier at the back seat before entering the front passenger seat next to the driver. Nick looks at me with a puzzled expression.

"Miss Miller, what are you—"

"I wanna sit beside you."

I casually blurted out with an innocent smile.

Nick's face grew anxious as he turns his head everywhere, looking around if anyone saw me.

"I already told you, Nick. I'll reason with your superiors about this. No need to worry."

I crossed my arms as I look at Nick with a smugly grin.

"Oh, and call me Sherry when no one's around. We're friends, after all!"

Nick heavily sighs in defeat. He looks at me from the side and a subtle smirk forming on his lips.

"You are one stubborn boss's girl, Sherry."

I stick out my tongue playfully at him.

"You bet I am!"

***

A few minutes after exiting the airport, the shining lights of the city slowly emerges on sight.

The city is so beautiful! Lights shining from every skyscrapers making them look more strikimg than ever! The city here in Florida really contrast to the cities in Japan. Not much that I can make out of it since it's night time. But still, it has some sort of different vibe to it that I can completely tell. I like it so much!

Nick noticed me gawking through the car window and chuckles lightly.

"Don't tell me this is your first time being here?"

I scoffed jokingly.

"Excuse you, I've been here before!"

Nick raised an eyebrow while his eyes are still fixated on the road.

"Oh, really?"

"Mhmm."

"Doesn't seem like it."

Huh? Now I'm the one raising an eyebrow.

"How so?"

He glanced at me with a smirk before looking back in front.

"Your jaw was gaping like a fish for a while now."

Gosh, dang it.

I swore I'm red as a tomato right now. Good thing it's already dark outside.

"Cut me some slack, will ya? The last time I've been here was like, over a decade ago!"

Nick burst out laughing. His eyes smiling while he drives. I let out a small giggle, covering my embarassment.

Suddenly, the image of Momo pops up in my mind. I snapped my neck to look at the back seat, eyeing the pet carrier. Momo is asleep. Probably all that running around the cabin and coughing up furballs everywhere washed up all her energy. The flight attendants insisted on cleaning them up but I declined them. This silly cat definitely deserves to be shaved into a lion cut when I get the chance.