vampires

You pulled on the reins of the horse, forcing it to stop in its tracks. You nearly fell off the horse but managed to stay on it as you looked back at Jisung.

"I did not expect them to catch up this soon," You said to him.

"Me neither," Jisung agreed. "We have to go."

You nodded your head and shook the reins, urging the horse to gallop away. You followed Jisung as you two rode through the Dark Forest. You only faced forward as you were afraid of looking back to see the aftermath of the battle.

SWOOSH!

Your eyes widened when you felt something stinging. Your hand touched your right cheek and noticed that there was blood. You looked behind, seeing another of those vampires hot on your trail.

"Come on!" Jisung urged you.

You did your best at keeping up with him. Jisung was more experienced at horse riding than you since he used them frequently when with the army. However, this was your first time riding a horse ever.

Jisung glanced at you, seeing you struggle to keep up with him. He suddenly pulled his reins and unsheathed his sword.

"Jisung, what are you-?"

"You go ahead! I will catch up with you!" He shouted.

"Jisung, do not be ridiculous right now. We are leaving together," You said.

"Y/N, you have to be the one to save our kingdom. If you die here without your powers, all hopes of saving Luminara is gone. Just go," He told you.

"I have lost enough people tonight, Jisung. I do not want to lose you too!" You cried out.

"Y/N." Jisung shook his head. "Go."

You stared at your brother before pulling away and continuing your escape. Damn it. If only you knew how to use your powers, you could have saved everyone from this predicament.

You didn't realise that your tears had fallen from your eyes, causing your vision to go blurry. Three out of the five vampires were now on their way to kill you.

Where were the people you needed to find?

Suddenly, your world was tumbling down as you crashed down to the ground. You winced and looked back to see what had happened. Your eyes grew bigger when you saw something blue embedded into the horse's legs, causing it to fall.

You quickly got back up and picked your dress up, running for your life. You could feel your body crying in pain with the newly formed cuts on your skin. Your legs hurt and you knew that you had twisted your right ankle when you fell earlier on since it hurt when you stepped on it.

You found a large tree and hid behind it temporarily, catching your breath. You looked down at yourself, seeing the bottom of your dress all muddied and tattered from the countless of bushes you ran past.

"Damn it."

This led to your current predicament of hiding for your life.

RUSTLE!

Oh God, You thought to yourself. I'm going to die.

"She went this way. I'm sure of it."

Your eyes widened at the sound of a man's voice. It sounded like Taehyun's voice. You bit your lips, covering your mouth with your hands as well as you tried to remain quiet in hopes of not being discovered.

"You two are far from home, are you not?"

You furrowed your eyebrows at the new voice. You took a peek from behind the tree, seeing the back of a man with black hair. Across him stood Kai and Taehyun.