Part 1

Before the night of Nicholas' murder, he was interviewed for the first time of what he wanted to be when he grows up.

Sept. 10, 2004
Interviewer: So Nick what you want to be when your older?

Nicholas: Maybe a president and live in the white house. That'll be cool.

Him and his brothers will always do fun things together.
But two days later, Sept. 15, 2004, Nick's mom told him to go to the grocery store around the corner. When he was almost half way home, he was snatched into a nearby alley.

He was screaming for help but no answer, no help. The man told him to shut up and therefore he raped Nicholas repeatedly and beat him afterwards and he screamed again, but it was too late.

The man murdered Nick on the spot and left his body there. Sept. 17, 2004, his parents haven't seen or hear from him since after his birthday.

Police went to his house and told them that their son is missing. Denise showed them of what he looks like.

He had slight brown curly hair, brown eyes.

Sept. 17, 2004
Police finally found him. Officer Dale told his mom that he's....dead.

Denise was devastated and very heart broken.

Sept. 21, 2004
The family went to his funeral and had a memorial service. His body was cremated and his ashes were scattered over the Malibu beach in the California river.

Goodbye Nicholas Lucas