Chapter 02: The Resto Band

*the next day*
*after classes*

Today is the start of the band practice and they get to practice some songs before it is night.

*night time*
*at the resto*

The band performed "Ikaw lang at Ako" infront of the customers.

"Wow, ang galing naman ng music band na yan!!! For sure, they are from Dream Bridge Academy!!!" One of the customers said to them.

"Ang ganda naman ng nag-iisang babae diyan ah... parang The Voice yung boses ah..." One of them said.

The restaurant is open from 9am to 9pm and majority of the customers were from Dream Bridge Academy watching their band perform.

"Ang gagaling nilang magperform!!! Sana all, wow!" John said to everyone.

"Ang gagaling naman, pati rin ikaw Jay, best guitarist ever!!!" ("You guys are the best, as well as you Jay, best guitarist ever!!!") Camille said to them.

*outside the resto*

"Gutom ka na ba Grace? Kung oo, kumain na tayo diyan sa resto na yan." (Are you hungry, Grace? If yes, let's eat at that restaurant.) Tristan asked her.

"Na may kumakanta? Ang gagaling pa naman nila pero teka lang...how many are they in 1 band?" (With someone singing? They are great but wait...how many are they in 1 band?) Grace asked him.

"5-6 I think...may kasamang babae pa sila diyan eh..." (5-6 I think...they have a girl there too...) Tristan said while peeking on the window.

"Wait? Sheila? Siya yung lead female singer? Ang ganda pa naman ng boses niya ah!!!" (Is she the lead female singer? Her voice is still beautiful!!!) Grace said to him.

"Kinuwento mo sakin na yung babaeng kumakanta, siya yung childhood bestfriend mo?" (You told me that the girl who sings is your childhood best friend?) Tristan asked her.

"Oo, siya yun!!! Alam mo naman I am always familiar sa mga names diba?" (Yes, that's her!!! You know I am always familiar with names, right?) She told him.

"Pero Grace, ito lang ang technique dito, hindi ibig sabihin kasi na familiar yung name na yan sayo eh meaning, siya na talaga yung Sheila na nakilala mo." (But Grace, this is the only technique here, it doesn't mean that that name is familiar to you, meaning, she is really the Sheila you have currently met.)  Tristan told her.

"Huh? Bakit? Hindi ba yung kumakanta, siya yun?"

"Weh, iba yata yung nakilala mo eh...mas maganda sana kung kilala mo yung full name niya, siya talaga yun...ano yung surname niya pala? Kasi sa class list, Maniego yung last name niya eh kanina kasi sa GTKEO (Get to Know Each Other), Aquino yung ginamit niya na last name."
(Weh, I think you met someone else...it would be better if you knew her full name, it's really her...what's her surname? Because in the class list, Maniego was her last name earlier because in GTKEO (Get to Know Each Other), Aquino was the last name she used.) Tristan told her.

"Baka naman yung Aquino, middle name niya...tara na pumasok na tayo sa loob." (Maybe it's Aquino, her middle name...let's go inside.) She said pulling Tristan inside the resto.

*inside the resto*

"Tristan, Grace, buti naman nandito na kayo. Kakapasok lang namin sa loob sige na umupo na kayo." (Tristan, Grace, it's a good thing you're here. We have just entered inside, please sit down.) Michelle told them.

"Sila ba yung bagong school band or yung last year?" Tristan said in a soft voice.

"Sila yung bagong school band, every school year, nagpapalit sila ng singers pero some will stay sa band and may iba naman nag magpapalit sa kanila. Maraming band dito sa school na yan, tig-2 sila per grade level." (They are the new school band, every school year, they replace singers but some will stay in the band and others will change them. There are many bands here at that school, 2 of them per grade level) Anton replied to him.

"Naintindihan ko yun pero ito lang ba yung nagperperform sa resto or yung isang band sa Grade 12?" Hazel said to them.

"Yung isang band, nagperperform sila dito tuwing weekends and holidays lang..." Camille said to them.

"Well, ok then who is hungry? Mag-oorder tayo ng food..." Allen asked them.

"Siyempre, lahat tayo gutom noh? I mean, sino namang hindi gutom diyan?" Maricel replied to him making everyone laugh.

They all spend their time with each other while watching the band performance.