💫LIONS TENDER HEART-CHAPTER-22

The full chapter from Adrian's point of view!

Adrian pov:

¡Madre mía! Those lips of Meera's! So soft, so innocent, it was a miracle I managed any restraint during that kiss. This first kiss of mine, it was worth every damn second of waiting. My Fresa, so sweet and naïve, everything was there in that kiss, a perfect echo of how she follows my lead, how she trusts me. And the way she responded, there's no doubt she cherished it too.

Now we stand here, outside her place. Empty street, the only movement the nervous fluttering of her gaze as it fixates on her bracelet. I lean against my bike, taking in her adorable shyness. As I leaned against my bike, I couldn't help but admire her shy demeanor. This bashful side of her, it set my heart ablaze.

"I-I," she stammered, her voice barely a whisper."You, you what, sweetheart?"

I reach out, take her hand in mine, and pull her gently towards me. Her eyes widen comically, and she instinctively throws a hand up to press against my chest. Her petite frame fits perfectly under mine. "Adrian," she mumbled, her voice laced with a hint of fear, "someone might see us."

"Not a chance, mi amor." I reassured her, my voice dropping to a low rumble. "I wouldn't let you go anywhere until you answer my question."

Her beautiful eyes met mine, a flicker of uncertainty dancing within them. "What question?" she finally asked, her voice barely a whisper.

A smirk played on my lips as I leaned closer. "Did you enjoy that kiss, Fresa?"Her eyelids fluttered like butterfly wings, a soft blush painting her cheeks. "Y-yes," she admitted in a voice barely audible,  her head swiveling frantically as if expecting a surprise attack. "Adrian, , let me go."Suddenly, Meera amazed me. She leaned up on her tiptoes and planted a quick, sweet peck on my lips before darting away like a startled rabbit "Bye Adrian, lets meet tomorrow!"

This chica never fails to keep me on my toes. Escaped with just a peck, eh? Let's see how she manages to avoid a longer kiss tomorrow, mi Fresa. 

Cruised the bike back to my place, parked it smooth in the garage. Abuela's there, glued to the TV, some dramatic telenovela blasting in the background. Spots me and breaks into a wide smile, then waves a plate of her legendary cookies under my nose. No way I'm saying no to those. Munched on a couple, savoring the taste – Abuela always did bake the best.

"So, how'd the date go, dear?" she asks, her voice laced with that knowing amusement only abuelas possess. "Judging by that grin on your face, I'd say pretty damn good."I wink at her. "You could say that, Abuela." Can't help but puff my chest out a little – a little swag never hurt anyone. "So, Abuela," I start, leaning back in the chair, "Was my (abuelo) grandpa just as irresistible as me in his younger days?"

Abuela's cheeks flushed a rosy pink, a sight that never failed to crack me up. I laughed again, the sound echoing through the house, and then headed up to my room. I laugh, the sound echoing through the room, and head up to my room. Man, I feel like I could take on the world right now. Meera... damn, that girl. She does things to me. Anything to see that smile on her face.

My phone buzzes on the nightstand – it's Papa. Haven't heard from him in two days. Truth is, there's been a bit of a distance between us ever since Mom passed. But seeing Meera and her relationship with her dad... well, it's made me think about things differently. Reaching over, I swipe the screen and answer the call. "Hola, Papa." (Hello, Dad) 

"Hola, mijo,(hello son)" his voice boomed through the receiver, a hint of amusement rumbling beneath the surface. "How are you? What's got that pep in your voice, huh?"