Epilogue

-25 years later-

            Arthur never became a King until twenty three years after his friend had left Camelot. King Uther had passed of old age, which was a very sad occasion. Every day for two years King Arthur had looked out the window that overlooked Camelot, in hopes of seeing Merlin walk up towards the castle. Yet when no one came, Guinevere, King Arthur’s wife, would escort him back to a dinner shared with words of encourages that Gwen had offered to her spouse.  Although Arthur had never seen Merlin in twenty five years, it was as if Merlin was there the whole time, watching Arthur. There were times when Arthur was almost killed, but he always ended up miraculously saved. It was the same for King Uther, too, when he was alive. He could never really explain what had saved him, but Arthur knew that magic was some part of it.

            Once Arthur became King, he allowed people to use magic, as long as the magic was used for good. Those who were using magic for bad were executed, or jailed, depending on the crime. People looked up to King Arthur, having more respect for him than they ever had for King Uther.

            Arthur was about to give up hope looking for Merlin, until he thought for a second that he saw a figure on the courtyard. Arthur looked through squinted eyes and saw that the figure had the same black hair, which was only a little longer, the same twinkling eyes, and the same smile.  Except now Merlin had a bit of stubble on his face, and he looked more grown up. Merlin waved right at King Arthur, and Arthur waved back.