𝟐; 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐋

THE SKY WAS IN THE SHADES OF yellow, orange and pink

THE SKY WAS IN THE SHADES OF yellow, orange and pink. The sun was setting and calm bird chirps filled the quiet sky. The hushed whispers of the moving grass and flowers. The breeze quietly played with lock of two certain individuals.

The wind softly glided across the rich leathers of the clothes. It was a garden filled with white flowers. 

White roses, tulips, daisies, and more.

It felt fresh and eased the mind of a certain blondie. He took a deep breath in and let out a quiet breath out. 

How refreshing.

But something didn't ease the blonde head's mind. It was what the crown prince was going to tell him. 

Tension was very obviously around them but Frost tried to avoid the atmosphere but he couldn't.

"Is there something you'd like to say, your highness?"

Frost asked out of curiosity as he sweat dropped at the expression of the alabaster haired male. His face was stiff and still, his lips in a thin line. His head slightly hung low. 

'What is that face?'

"Please call me Leon."

'what'

"Oh um, wouldn't that be quite rude of me, your highness?"

"Call me Leon."

He repeated again except his tone was strict and stern with a hint of annoyance.

"Alright uh Leon. What is it that you want to tell me?"

Leon let out a long sigh while he stopped walking. He looked at Frost in the eye, with no sense of guilt or sympathy-

"I'm in love with Rosa." he voiced out.

"Oh."

Frost's mouth was gaped as he looked at Leon with bewilderment. He already knew that Leon was in love with his so called sister but he didn't know he was gonna get to know about it like this.

In the original novel, Frost found out about this when he saw both of them kissing under the moonlight during a masquerade.

But this was quick. Why was this happening? What or who is changing the plot and the time line?

This isn't good.

Frost didn't know how to react so he decided to-

"WHAT!?"

Frost yelled out in pain, tears bubbled in his eyes and his lips quivered in shock. He wanted to deny that what he heard was true.

His eyes gazed at Leon as if he had been betrayed.

"Y-you what...?"

"Me and Rosa will get married after the upcoming masquerade ball we are holding next month." He responded coldly, his voice nor his eyes held no sense of guilt.

"M-marriage? Rosa? Y-you're marrying Rosa? My sister?"

Frost whispered. His voice cracked as tears were dropping one by one but they didn't stop. He kneeled down and held the male lead's legs as he cried out in desperation.

"no no NO! you can't do this! It's me who you should love not her... I'm your husband!" His cries scared the birds but his pain did fly away like them.

"You're my husband but she's the love of my life." The crown prince firmly stated before turning around and leaving the betrayed Frost.

Leon walked as far away as he could so wouldn't hear his stupid and loud cries.

'How annoying.' Leon thought as he walked towards his office.

.

.

"Did he finally leave?" Frost whispered as he looked around.

When he saw that the coast was clear, he stood up and dusted his clothes and wiped his tears.

"Ugh! how annoying. Now my throat is ruptured." He said while caressing his neck to ease his pain.

"I should be given an Oscar for my acting." He stated proudly as he held  his head high with pride. 

Before walking back into the palace, he decided to pluck out some daisies since daisies were his favourite flower after all. 

He carefully hand picked then and gently held them in a bundle. He decide to plant these in his room.

'So tiny and cute!'

He headed to his room and planted the little daisies in pots. He loved these pretty flowers ever since he was a kid.

In his past life, as Seok Hyun, he always picked daisies up from his grandma's Japanese garden and stored them in his room. He felt a sense of familiarity and comfort now that he has these flowers. 

Past memories of joy flourishes and conquers his mind and keeps his mind busy. 

Frost could only smile sadly as he softly caressed the fair petals of the daisy. Tears pricked his eyes and lips quivered.

The sense of longing remained. He longed to meet his family once again. 

Sigh

The sun shone brightly through the windows and the open balcony in Frost's room. The warmth embraced his figure.

Frost sat on the ground of the balcony near his pot. He hugged his knees and eyed the daisies sadly.

'Daisies represent purity,  innocence, loyalty and new beginnings. It's such a gorgeous flower, isn't it? My dear Hyun~'

A voice whispered in the back of his mind. Not just any voice. It was his grandmother's sweet and fragile voice.

'If only she was here... She would've been so proud of me with that silly grin on her face.'

Frost felt like his eye lids were heavy and droopy. He was extremely exhausted. 

He slowly felt his eyes shut as dozed off into dreamland. The wind blew past him gently, touching every feature on his face and not missing anything.

His hair was now messy but he did not budge out of his deep sleep.

Suddenly a figure appeared in front of the sleeping male. Slight smoke filled the balcony.

The figure kneeled down and caressed the blonde haired cheek. 

"My dear Frost, please wait for me."

A deep and husky voice echoed in the room. The figure's crimson eyes gazed at Frost lovingly, a small genuine smile made its way up to their lips.

"Oh my gorgeous daisy~"

 The figure said before they got up and disappeared in a burst of butterflies.

 The sky was finally dark and clouds covered the moon. Only the stars glowed and a part of the moon's dim moonlight shone over a certain blondie.