[10]

A U T H O R

"Hospital??"

Ekaksh word ranged through the hall like a blade cutting through the peaceful environment creating a panic one. Sharna came forward all panicked as she asked him through eyes what happened.

"Wait a second please.." Saying his sentence Ekaksh went outside leaving Sharna behind with her unasked question. Ishika soft-ly patted her back providing her a silent reassurance of the situation.

Ekaksh came to a place at a little distance from them as he cleared his throat, taking a deep breath of relief. He opened his mouth to utter something but nothing came out.

"Hello?" The voice from other side took him out of his trance.

"Umm yea..I am sorry may i know what is the reason you called and how you got my number?" His voice was impatient.

"Actually we found a elder-ly couple in a car accident so we took them to hospital and on their phone this contact was save as an emergency number so i called from my phone as that was almost dead."

She explained in a professional tone and Ekaksh's heart dropped at the news. His heart beat rose up as the news sink into his senses. Gravity of situation settling above him as the realisation of the elder-ly being his parents knocked off the senses from him.

A feeling of panic rushed through his blood as he was in a melancholy he heard a soft voice from other side.

"Umm are you alright sir?" She spoke in a concerned tone and all Ekaksh could managed to do was hummed in response. Astrid too hummed.

"I just called to inform you.." Her voice was professional as her words settled in him, he just hummed in response.

"Thanks doctor..I will try to reach there as soon as possible..."

Astrid hummed and disconnected the call.

Ekaksh came back and noticed the tensed environment. He tried to act cool as he walked and smiled at them.

"Bhai what happened huh...what hospital were you talking about?" Sharna came to him running, her voice laced with concern.

"Nothing bacha..just someone from company.. I have to go. It's important."

He replied in a calm tone and Sharna calmed down a little but Ishika was in doubt.

Ekaksh was in the guest room of Mehrotra house as their was still not in a condition to live in. His gaze was locked on he wall as he sat there with a black expression etched on his face.

Ishika entered inside without knocking and Ekaksh's attention was driven from the wall to her. He raised his eyebrows at her with an irritated look on his face.

"You are hiding something!!." She said it like a statement with so much confident that Ekaksh had to told her the truth.

"What? And you didn't even bother telling her?"

She yelled at him. He grabbed her hand pulling her towards him as he placed his hand on her lips, her eyes widen at their close proximity while Ekaksh glared at her.

"Why are you yelling? If I did not tell her I must have a reson no?" Ishika shifted her attention from their closeness to him. Her eyes stared in his deep black ones feeling a tingling sensation in her stomach.

"Don't tell her about this...I will tell her no one else!! Got it?" He walked her and she just nodded. Ekaksh backed off with a huff and sat down on the chair with a tired look.

"Tired?"

Ishika questioned softly as she sat infront of him with a smile dangling on her lips. Ekaksh opened his eyes and looked at her before closing his eyes again ignoring her question.

"Oyee don't ignore me otherwise I will tell sharu!!" She warned him with a cute angry glare while her one finger pointed at him.

He opened his eyes and looked at her with raised eyebrow.

"Arey you threatening me?"

He questioned as he stood up and walked towards her who pushed her chair back. He chuckled and again walked towards her, she did the same untill her chair met with the wall.

He chuckled and come closer to her who gulped and smiled at him, he just gave her a devilish smile and walked away leaving her confused.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Damian opened his eyes as he stood infront of a small house, his eyes observing the silent streets and atmosphere of the house. He sighed and walked towards the house.

Taking a deep breath he knocked on the door and soon a brown haired girl opened the door slowly peeking out, her eyes shone seeing him as she hugged him tightly crying on his chest.

He wrapped his hands around her gently patting her back, soothing her racing heart. His eyes scanned the situation of house through the half opened door.

"Ian where were you...?" She cried as she hugged him tightly crying over his chest.

"I-...I was busy...with some work."

He whispered in a dead tone, he regretted going to her house, he was supposed to be here with his family yet he was there with her enjoying her presence around him that he forgot about his sister and his mother.

He closed his eyes in melancholy as he tighten his hold around her, who sobbed like a child on his chest.

"Ian...mom....her medicines." She sobbed.

"I...i bought them...kinu." she looked at him with her doe eyes and again hugged him. She soon broke from the hug and took him with her to their mother's bedroom.

Damian gulped and slowly entered inside and saw his mother sleeping peacefully. He smiled a little but it dropped the moment he realised the reality he was living in.

He still didn't had enough money for the treatment of his mother. He clenched his jaw and handed his sister the medicines he bought with all the leftover money he had.

"Kinu did you are your food hmm?" He questioned softly patting her head who hesitantly shook her head. Damian sighed and nodded.

"I will bring some food...wait for me." He spoke little weakly as the symptoms of not eating and sleeping properly for the last two weeks were showing now.

"Ian...you are looking weak.." She spoke in a low voice.

"I am fine baby...you stay here okay?" She nodded and he left to bring food for them. And to bring some medicines for himself too.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Yayayaya double update.......
Vote on the chapter to unlock another.....

That's it for today..untill next time..till then vote and comment 😭🖐🏻