CHAPTER 25

It was around noon, Leonardo had just arrived home, he was still wearing the clothes that Jane lent him, they were super comfortable, and made him feel better about several issues.

Now that he was home and alone, he started acting more like himself, made a banana and oat smoothie, and put on a Red Hot Chili Peppers album while he thought about what his life would be like next, even there were some considerations to be made, and many things to be resolved.

But among all things, he knew that the most important thing was to resolve everything that was happening between him, Marcelle, and... Jonathan. It was time to put an end to everything and move on with life, and try to make new friends, and be around new people.

He was avoiding doing this, but Leonardo finally turned on his cell phone again, he was distant from the world, he was running away from it, he needed to have a night to himself, and he managed to cool down his thoughts and decide what to do.

As soon as he turned on his cell phone, he saw that he had some missed calls from his mother, Fernanda and Marcelle.

First, he called his mother, she was worried, because Leonardo hadn't sent any news, he didn't even respond to messages, he had just hidden himself from everyone around him.

But she knew that Leonardo was fine, so she didn't worry too much, she knew how responsible he was.

Fernanda had sent a few messages, just asking if he felt better, but nothing much more than that, and Leonardo just replied, saying that he was feeling better, but that he shouldn't go running that week.

Finally, Marcelle, she just called but didn't leave a message, so Leonardo just asked if they could meet at race time, somewhere else, just the two of them.

Marcelle called Leonardo, he felt a great urge before answering the call, but he took a deep breath and soon answered.

"Leonardo, how are you? You disappeared yesterday after the race, no one could find you."

"I was feeling a little unwell and needed to go out to clear my head, I also took care of some matters yesterday."

"It's okay, you seem different, more melancholy, did something happen yesterday?"

"You know, I really needed to have some free time, but I also need to have a more serious conversation with you."

"It seems to be really important, maybe it would be better to meet in the evening, I won't be able to miss the race today, but you can come here to the house."

"I think it's better if we meet somewhere else, maybe in that square near your house, that would be better."

Marcelle was silent for a few moments, but soon responded.

"You really look different, but if it's easier for you this way, we can meet in that square."

"That's right, I need to hang up now, I'll see you later."

"A kiss, be safe, bye."

Marcelle found Leonardo's behavior strange, but she didn't know what was really going on with him, and she waited to make a personal decision.

Hearing Marcelle's voice completely moved Leonardo, but he didn't know what else to do, other than to put an end to that situation, but first, he needed to close all the ends, once and for all.

He was walking around the house, anxiety was taking over him, so he decided to change his routine a little, and went out for a run, but he went much earlier, it was around two in the afternoon.