𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1: 𝙺𝚒𝚢𝚘𝚖𝚒

~♱~

~♱~

Kiyomi Onimaru, your average Mary Sue.

She is perfect.

She's perfect in every way.

Hell, her last name even means perfection.

And that's exactly what Shoto Todoroki hates about her.

Shoto always strives to be the best. He wanted to prove to his father that he can be number 1 without the help of his quirk. And yet Kiyomi always managed to find a way to one up him.  

No matter how hard he tried, no matter how great of an achievement he made, it was always overshadowed and forgotten. 

If he learned how to play an instrument, she would learn how to play 10. 

If he was top of his class, she would be top of the school.

If he trained to be strong, she would be unbeatable. 

She was always on top while he would only be second best.

Kiyomi Onimaru was no doubt god's most favored child. Everyone loves her. And if you didn't. Well, you'll learn to love her eventually. She had a way with people, a way of entrancing people with just a simple snapping of her fingers or a click of her tongue. 

Fuck, she even somehow managed to convince his asshole of a father to enroll him in Koisjikawa.

Of course, he didn't really care if he had to go to school. He would've been home schooled anyways and he's been home schooled his whole life. In fact a part of him enjoyed going to school and being away from his father. He hated that too. He despised the fact that he liked something she did for him.

Born to the number 3 hero Hades and world renowned healer Angel, she was bound to be born blessed. A beautiful girl. Not to him at least. With a powerful quirk. There was no doubt she would be the golden girl of Koisjikawa Junior High school, the apple of everyone's eyes, the next number 1 hero. But Shoto vowed to never let that happen. He would savor the day he would one up her, the day he would finally see the smile falter on her face, the day she would be on her knees before him. 

Smirking to himself, Shoto sat alone outside the prestigious walls of Kojisjikawa under a freshly blossoming sakura tree. His chopsticks weaved through the strands of cold soba before savoring it in his mouth. He observed his surroundings as he always did alone outside, remembering the stories his older sister Fiyumi would tell him of this school when he was younger. And it was just like what he imagined. The old school still remained a hot spot for the rich and wealthy. It was built out of an abandoned Japanese castle that was built during the Japanese monarchy. And it is even the best junior high school in the country, it practically guarantees your acceptance into almost every school in the nation. Of course, that's only if you can even get into this school.

His eyes wandered the beautifully trimmed greenery, slowly becoming bored of the quietness before he spotted her. Kiyomi entered into his field of vision, a flock of fawning girls and boot-licking boys were stuck closely behind her. His face wrinkling with disgust, He could never imagine being that attention seeking. She held her body confidently ignoring the students behind her, walking in elegant strides that complimented her delicate frame. Her silky midnight black hair fell over her shoulders. And not a single strand was out of place. Her usual fake smile plastered on her pretty features along with those devilishly alluring eyes and her distinguishable beauty mark under her left eye. Shoto held back the urge to roll his eyes, he felt like he was the only person who could see what she truly was.

Shoto stared at the girl coldly as she approached him. His eyes trained to her foxy chocolate brown eyes, noticing her smile widen on her lips. "Sho Sho!", she sung flashing him a closed eye smile. The sound of her voice made Shoto's appetite drop. Shoto absolutely despised the 'nickname' she made for him. His hand froze, holding a serving of cold soba noodles to his face before plopping it back into his bento. 

"What do you want Onimaru.", his voice came out more aggressive than he intended to. He internally grimaced, regretting losing his cool composure. The group of students shot deathly glares at him. 

"Ah! Sho Sho why so cold? What's wrong?", The girl hummed poking a finger in her cheek as if she was thinking. The mention of his name sent shivers down his spine. 

Shoto averted her gaze, "You". He muttered under his breath reviving a 'confused' look from Kiyomi. 

"Sorry, I didn't hear you Sho. Could you repeat that again?", She tilted her head innocently. 

Shoto could feel the anger inside him boil. She knew exactly how to press all of his buttons. And worst of all, she was talented at doing so. 

"It's nothing Onimaru, now please leave.", Shoto bit his tounge, holding back the urge to insult her. 'If only she didn't have a pack of dogs with her.', he thought bitterly.

The black-haired girl only laughed in response, a hand covering her lips. "Oh? Then why are you calling me by my last name?",  a small pout formed on her glossy lips. 

Shoto almost couldn't contain himself any longer. "Sorry, Kiyomi I was just having a bad day.", He spat. His eyes flared with anger, disgusted by the name he had just uttered.

Her dramatic pout was quickly replaced with a large smile. Hearing a loud voice shout from behind her. 

"Thats now how you talk to a lady Todoroki." The two of them turn their attention to a familiar voice. Shoto's face grew sour. It was Yoarashi Inasa, another one of her dogs. An irritated expression was planted on his wide face as his tall figure walked closer towards the two. His angered eyes moved towards the group of students behind Kiyomi twisting their faces into fear. The crowd soon dispersed away against his chilling gaze. 

"Ina!", Kiyomi cheered, her voice audibly softened. 

Shoto rolled his eyes, believing her actions to be fake. 

"No hello?", Inasa cocked his head to the side, looking down at Shoto's sitting figure. Shoto's continued to glare at the two coldly, his gaze unwavering. The flat line on his lips tightened. 

Inasa let out a loud 'tch' before gently grabbing Kiyomi's wrist. "Come on, let's not give this asshole anymore attention.", he slightly tugged, nudging the back-haired girl to move. Kiyomi hummed in response, "Mm, okay. Goodbye Sho Sho!". She flashed Shoto one last foxy smile before disappearing with Inasa. 

Shoto let out a pent up sigh. He absolutely could not wait till he crushed her