|Chapter nine|

I was watching Lucas playing hockey while I was getting some homework done before I get on the ice. Nikki happens to walk in to skate with the boys since they were getting ready to wrap up practice. Nikki went to speak to Lucas while I was sitting there doing my homework as Katie walks in asking me if I see Nikki ''the bitch'' talking to my boyfriend. 

''Hi Katie.'' I said trying hard to not think about Nikki and her intentions with my boyfriend. 

''Hi Callie. I know you see this.'' She points at them while she is motioning my head to see them in action. 

''He's talking to her, that's all.'' I was not worried because I trust him enough that he wouldn't go back to Nikki no matter her intentions. Lucas was skating back to come to me, so we can get on the ice to skate together. Nikki knew Lucas has moved on, so she came to speak to Lucas about being nice to me. I couldn't believe Nikki was being so nice to the point she back off my boyfriend. 

Then she walks up to me saying that she will back off because she knows Lucas loves me so much. I didn't think Lucas loves me especially with us only dating for some weeks so far, but I do love spending time with him on the ice and off the ice. Lucas wanted to get on the ice, so I left to gear up to get on the ice. I got onto the ice dancing the night away with him as we kiss and dance on the ice throughout the night not thinking about our homework and what is waiting for us on the outside. 

Katie can tell we are in love because she never seen two people look at each madly and deeply the same way as us. Lucas begin the conversation as he tells me that there is a competition for ice skating. In that moment I stopped because I just got clear from my mother and the doctor that I can skate, but I will need to take it easy. Lucas knows I have to take it easy, but he would love for me to be on the ice where I belong.

''Who are you to tell me where I belong?'' I was getting defensive. 

''What?'' Lucas was so confused that I was getting defensive over some competition. I have the right to feel the way I do because he is acting like a coach at this point rather than a boyfriend.

''Lucas, you're my boyfriend, not my coach.'' I said rudely. I didn't mean for it to come out rudely, but I needed to remind him that it has been a year since I skated in a competition. 

''Callie, I'm just supporting you as a boyfriend.'' Lucas doesn't understand why I would snap this quick over some competition when I could have responded in a calming tone telling him no., I wasn't in the mood to talk about this, so I left the ice going home with Katie. I left Lucas standing there confused, but I needed some time to think without him in my ear telling me what I need to do with my life. I know I do miss the ice, but I don't think I'm ready to get back into competition. 

My mom can tell I was angry, so she went to my room to comfort me while I ask her if I was overexaggerating about competing on the ice again. She didn't know where I was coming from with this talk, so I needed to break it down from the moment Lucas mention it. My mom can tell Lucas was coming from a moment of love knowing that I do miss the ice and I shouldn't have snap at him for it. 

''Yeah, you're right.'' The doorbell rang while we're having a conversation. I went downstairs opening the door seeing Lucas standing outside telling me he is sorry. He should've known that it was too soon to mention competitions. He's fine with skating with me on our free time if that was enough for me too. I hug him as he wraps his arms around my waist kissing my cheek telling me he doesn't want to see me hurt.

''I'm sorry.'' I said before I lean in to kiss him. I knew he didn't want to see me hurt and I shouldn't have snapped at him for being a supportive boyfriend. I get defensive when I used to have the chance to skate until I didn't have the chance anymore. Lucas spend the night with my mother and I where we talk about hockey, ice skating. 

Lucas was wondering if my mother was a figure skater where she was shocked to hear that Lucas knew for some reason. She begins to talk about her days as a figure skater until she got pregnant with me when she got married which made her realize that she has something greater than skating. 

''Which was?'' Lucas was curious until she stares at me saying it was me who was the greater thing in her life. 

''Aww mom, I love you too.'' I hugged her and gave her a kiss on her forehead. Mom was getting a little tired, so she called it a night. She made sure we didn't do anything while she is sleeping. I was not going to do anything while she was sleeping, Lucas and I went into the living room watching a movie. 

Lucas was staring at me as I pause the movie asking him why he is staring. ''I can't help to stare at the most beautiful girl in my life.'' I was blushing as I lean in to give a light peck on his lips. He and I ended up kissing one another passionately. Our tongues were intertwined with one another as the moment was getting heated. I begin to sit on top of him as we kiss one another passionately while I took off his shirt right there. 

''Are you sure?'' He stops me.

''I am.'' I thought about it for a little while knowing I want to lose it to him rather than anyone else. 

''We have time.'' Lucas reassures me.

''Are you sure?'' 

''I will not rush you.'' He was so sweet. I don't know how I ended up having him as a boyfriend because he is caring and sweet. I was starting to fall in love with him.