english

We did this as revision, did i overdo it?
Original:

We did this as revision, did i overdo it?Original:

Mine:
The dark room was cold as death. It had a disturbing atmosphere, as if someone had died nearby. Suddenly, the stench of rotting flesh drifted toward me and intruded my nostrils - the floorboards started to creak under me, betraying my every movement. Something dark and wet dripped onto my cheek; I wiped it off, and held my hand under a candle oozing wax. That's when I realised what it was - blood. Red, sticky, blood, had dripped onto my cheek. I hesitantly looked up, expecting the worst - but what I didn't expect, was the whole ceiling to drip with the substance.

The temperature of the room decreased rapidly, hairs on the back of my neck standing like soldiers. My back tingled like an electrical wire, as if it sensed something watching.My teeth chattered, trying desperately to send out a strange signal for help.

BANG!!!

My heart froze, then started beating twice the normal speed. I grabbed a candlestick, and looked for any possible sign of an intruder, but saw nothing, apart from a book, spread open on the floor, its pages crumpled, as if it had fallen.I decided to continue through the nightmare, with legs of jelly, foolishly believing I could escape if I travelled far enough.

I was stumbling through one of the upper hallways, when - as I walked past an open doorway - a rotten hand clung onto me, like a lost child. The truth was far more horrific, however. My heart stopped for the second time that day - I turned to see a horrific sight - a corpse clung onto me, skull showing, and an eye clinging on, a spider's web to a ceiling. It lunged for me, and I screamed, and then...

I awoke from my slumber, safe on the floor, albeit previously fallen out of my bed, and covers, for it had all been a terrible creature of the night, sent to steal my sweet dreams and replace them with terror-filled ones instead.