Ch 3 Pt 2: A *VERY* Disjointed Party

A few days after the emergency cabbage hunt quest.

All the cabbages captured back then had been sold.

And the adventurers got their bounties.

Darkness: "Kazuma, look! I earned a lot, so I upgraded the armour I sent in for repair. How does it look?"

Inside the adventurer’s guild filled to the brim with people collecting their bounties, Darkness happily showed me and Kaz the armour she got back from the repair shop.

Kazuma: "This armour looks like something the upstart son of nobility would wear."

[Y/N]: "What he said."

Darkness: "Kazuma’s merciless regardless of the situation... Even I want to hear an honest compliment from time to time."

[Y/N]: "You want a compliment? Your being less perverted than Megumin right now... Is she actually humping her staff?"

She was, in fact, humping her staff.

Erogumin: "I can’t, I can’t take it! The magic of this manatite staff, the colour and glister..."

I looked at ends of the guild, right ear the bulletin board to see a dejected Shiro watching the scene unfold, and his only reaction was... Well...

(Skip to 00:03]

Anyways, Manatite was a rare metal said to have special properties. Utilizing it in building a staff would increase the power of its spells. Megumin had been acting this way ever since she upgraded her staff with her earnings.

I heard the power of the explosion spell would increase by a dozen or so percent.

At this rate, she might as well give the US a run for its nuclear arsenal.

Oh well, I was already satisfied after collecting my rewards.

Kazuma who caught the majority of the cabbages with his Steal skill.

Darkness who attracted the monsters towards her.

Megumin who destroyed those monsters with a single spell.

Shigeo who healed the injured adventurers.

Shiro who probably killed some cabbages off-scene.

And Aqua who chased the cabbages on her own without caring about these two.

We decided to not split the earnings from the cabbage hunt and collected our own bounties. The one who suggested this was Aqua, whose harvest was only second to Kazuma.

And that person was waiting her turn to collect the bounty, but...

Aqua: "Hey! How could this be...!"

She grabbed the collar of the counter lady and was protesting something.

Aqua: "Why’s there only 50,000 eris!? Do you know how many cabbages I caught!? It’s more than 20!"

Guild Lady: "Um, this is hard to say..."

Aqua: "What!?"

Guild Lady: "...What Aqua-san turned in was mostly lettuce."

Aqua: "...Why was lettuce mixed in there!?"

Guild Lady: "Even if you ask me that, I wouldn’t know!"