Who's Gonna Win & When Do We Make This A Reality

My alarm clock begins to go off at 6:45 as I moaned, flicking my arm to turn off the alarm clock. I got going into the bathroom, washing my face, then brushing my teeth, getting dressed and doing my curly hair. I was ready for my school day to begin. I went into the kitchen, putting a piece of bread in the toaster making some jelly toast. I was surprised my dad had been awake., He usually is still asleep about time I get ready for school. "How did you rest bud?" my dad asked "I slept good. Had a crazy dream. I was being chased by a zombie dog then I started to fly." I told my dad I said, begins to laugh "no more sugars before bed for you." he said, as I chuckled, grabbing the toast, putting it on my plate getting the strawberry jelly preparing my breakfast. "Hey Allen listen up." My dad started "I'm all ears dad." I replied " i'm going to be working late this evening so when you get home only cook you something to eat. I'll get something on the way home." Told me "OK. I was wondering what I was going to cook, but that makes it less of a challenge. I said biting into the toast. "I'm going back to sleep, so make sure you lock up the house and clean up your mess before you leave." He told me "OK dad" I said, rinsing my plate then drying my hands going to the keyholder getting my Mustang key hopping in the starting up the engine putting on a Spotify to Montana high school I parked the car in a huge parking lot as the other students welcome me. The girls were all in my face, but I never showed any of them. Any attention or interest since Selena and I broke up with her freshman year. I was focused on sports and making my dad proud. I entered the school making my way to homeroom with the Pledge of Allegiance. Will start soon. "Welcome back Captain. Mr. Harvey greeted me. "Hey good morning. We're having a wonderful day. we woke up and we're still breathing." I said. " there you go now we gotta get through this Friday then the weekend here we come." Mr.Harvey Said "Speaking of, don't you all have a game tonight?" Blair chimed into our conversation as the class grew quiet. "Nah Monday we play gold view the last game to see who gets into the championship." I talk to class as they all begin to cheer and boast. "We're taking that championship home to us." hey girl, who did smiling over at me I just smiled back as the announcements began to go off as a pledge of allegiance begin. By lunch I hadn't thought about Robert, but he was standing in the pescatarian line. I bet they had chicken patties. I walked up to the line, "So our big shit talker in the flesh." I joked, knocking Robert chalk the milk back where the others were rested. "I talk a lot of shit because I came back it up." Robert quickly as he picked up another chocolate milk."is that so hurry and finish your lunch and we can get this show on the road." I said getting a tray as the lunch ladies made our plates not this afternoon. I have Mathlets and we're going against Perryview for the last shot in the finals." Robert informed me "Word how are you guys doing? By the way?" I asked. " you could always come. It's a Mathlets tournament. "You know show some school spirit and cheer us on?" Robert replied "Yeah Math and I don't get along. I'd more than likely zone out on the first couple of minutes. Of the tournament, but I could go as Montana's football team captain to show support." I said "You do that a lot?" Robert asked. "What?" I replied, "Bring up your football team position every once in a while in our conversations, yes Allen I know your role on the football team could try seeing about other school programs and the teams formed up to compete for our school." he said, as we got out of line standing by each other. "Yeah my bad I didn't realize I did that a lot. I just love sports. I have a passion behind the spirit more than just a game. It's my way out." I told Robert, who looked deeply into my eyes like he was wondering something "Why the stare?" I asked. "I guess I'm just seeing the real you, you're not like the other guys you play with. You apparently have a soul in the peaceful spirit. Also a confident mind I see see why the captain." Robert told me as he continued, but when track season starts get ready to be cocaptain," he said as I let out a sound of disbelief. " I'll take that challenge any day." I joked as Eric and four other players approached us. " What's up nerd? Don't you get a geography test to study for?" Eric teased Robert "Yeah and I have straight A's to adore over my report card, unlike some of your jocks" Robert must've really been tired of being picked on His comeback was fast and direct. "Look Allen it was a nice conversation with you. I'll see you next time." Robert said out his face for me to knuckle bump it and I did. He walked away disappearing. "Since when are you friends with that loser?" Ian commented "We just started talking yesterday. He's pretty chill. Plus the guy is an athlete not just a geek." I stood up for Robert. "Please what is he a cheerleader?" Dean bursted out into laughter , so did the other guys. I just stared until they stopped laughing. Then I spoke. "He's a athlete and he's pretty fast. I saw him racing with his family LimLight last night." I told them " who cares he isn't trying to get us any trophies he might as well stay over there with the math geeks." Eric Clowned as I begin eating my lunch by six. I was over the whole Jock and nerd conspiracy. I mean, we all went to the same school in the same district. We could find a way to get along like average high schooler end their second to last year.Before we all set out to college. Robert had really been on my mind today he was starting to grow army, I wanted to surprise him and cheer him on at his function later this afternoon. "Mrs.Gloria can I ask you a question?" as she stood up walking toward our table "Yes, Mr. Simon." She acknowledge me. " What could you tell me about the Mathlets? Don't they have a gathering tonight?" I asked " fortunately they do going against Perryview, their biggest rivals for the past few years it's an away meet I pay view high school beginning at seven sharp so we'll all be there right Greg and Marth?" Mrs.Gloria threw them under the bus, but they didn't reply. " I think I'm gonna go just to check it out. Learn a few things from our classmates. It should be interesting." I told her " yes wait to get over our Jack mentality schools have other events other than those sport teams plus you going my shine a little light on the MathLets and maybe more students would want to join next year." Mrs.Gloria said as she went back to the computer sitting at her desk. I continue my work into the bell sounded for our dismissal. " Hey Robert." I said, stopping at his locker before I went to English three my last subject of the busy day "Hey what brings you over here?" Robert. " I was going to go to your tournament. Do you have like a sign or shirt I could borrow I can show my school support and spirit. As we both began to laugh " I don't, but Mr. Sylvester might have some posters we don't have jersey, smart guy."Robert joked " I just wanted to share some school spirit maybe convince you to try out for the track team helping us win some real trophies." I said as the final bell rang "We're both late. You should check with Mr. Sylvester should have what you're looking for." Robert told me as he fist bumped me, running up the hall to his final period . I just took a slow pace, walking into class sitting where I normally sit as Mrs. Summer wrote on the board. I took a worksheet opening my textbook, diving right in.
Class dragged by and I didn't get the last part of our homework assignment. I was just so drained. I was ready to get to the Mathlets gathering over with then go home lounging on my king-size mattress but first I need to see someone about the Mathlets Crowd gear, pronto. Mrs. Sylvester by the chalkboard writing equations out with the Mathlets gang. "You weren't joking." Robert said, looking up at me "Nah I like to keep my word when I make a promise I like to see it through to the very finish." I told." I like that." he said turn his attention to Mr. Sylvester beginning to ask a question. Do you have any gear? Allen could you be our mascot this evening?" Robert asked
He was low-key looking, sexy in his navy collared shirt, gray skinny jeans as Mr. Sylvester replied we don't have any clothes or anything like that, but we do have posters you could cheer your classmates on with Mrs. Sylvester. Explain as he pulled out at least nine or 10 hand me several I looked for the best one and choose the E=MC2 poster I needed some Gatorade and the KitKat bar. I turned to walk for the parking lot. Robert stopped in front of me. " I see why they made you captain you're always on the go for your team even if is a different subject. Your pride is glowing and oozing right now." Inform me " Why thank you my man, I just know y'all better fuck it up tonight. Bring us home a win." I cheered. We definitely will Perryview has really been a strong contestant this past couple years they always figure out the question literally once were almost setting the question but I got a good feeling about tonight is bringing home this day." Robert cheered as I boasted with him. " the tournament is at Perryview hi at 7 o'clock sharp, right?" I asked Robert. " yeah it is" he told me " OK, but I'll be there the one in the letterman cheering you all on" I told him as we shook hands. I went to the parking lot opening my Mustang driver door sitting in the seat as a football team all in a crowd, rooting and chilling coming up to my Mustang. They paused, and then Eric shouted "Get out of the car captain were celebrating tonight." He said, as I stood up walking toward the team. "What's the event?" I asked." we're going to celebrate our final five games by going to the Austin Stadium to get a bit tipsy then Haley and her crew were throwing a party. Her parents are out of town this weekend and she has the whole mansion to her knowledge as they bumping in chewing wait what time does it start? I've already made some plays. I told the team you weren't serious about going to that Mathlets fest come on, bro tell me that was a joke in front of me with his hands in the air with a puzzle expression on his face. The other players looked just confused guys. I can't before I could get the sentence out. They all began to boo and complain about not joining in. I made a promise guys. I don't want to miss our last tournament if they win they will have finally beaten Perryview and win a trophy for their department I informed the fellas, you do what you got to do you will be missed." Chloe shaking my hand as they all did turning to leave Eric just stood there staring at me with his job to the concrete bro do you he said he turned around we're right this isn't changing my position. I still play football. I tell him yeah we're still Bros. Your school spirit is just focused on the math geeks and their victory. Eric said coming back to pound my hand then chasing after the rest of the football team I went home cooking up some catfish and curly fries watching ESPN time for me to make my way to Perryview high school for the Mathlets last tournament I was having a great feeling about tonight's event I believed in Robert to be real it was the captain of the Mathlets They didn't make a move without Roberts final call. They had this win in the bag. Preview was bigger than I remembered, saying how we don't pay the school any attention we just come to demolish them get back on the buses with our trophy. I entered the auditorium taking a seat by I guess who were holding up my Montana Mathlets as they joined the stage the competition begin they walked on the stage wearing turtle green and baby blue color shirts. It was finally showtime.