.

Fred entered the store's potion workshop and started working on the required brew.

He was mortified that he had literally knocked Hermione to the floor while completely naked, but all he could do was try to return to some semblance of normality as he pulled out all of the potion ingredients and started making a small batch of the love potion for their stock.

He cursed the heat as the temperature rose higher in the small lab from the cauldron's fire. He really wanted to take off his shirt as the heat became near unbearable. He refrained since it'd be a really bad idea if the potion splattered and got onto his skin before it was finished brewing.

Typically, Amortentia was only effective if taken orally, but he and George intentionally brewed their shop's love potion with different proportions.

A commonly unknown fact was that, if their brew got on one's skin before complete, it was known to rank up any existing lust between mutually interested parties.

George and his wife, Angelina, had discovered that one night while he was working late. When George had cross-tested it with Lee, nothing had happened, implying that real and genuine affection had to exist ahead of time.

While it had been an interesting discovery, it hadn't benefited their shop as a product, so this extra effect wasn't common knowledge, and they made sure to be careful while brewing.

The twins were often accused of being irresponsible but, after the incident between Ron and Romilda Vane, they made sure their love potions couldn't last more than two hours if ingested. Their brew was mostly designed to have an extra strong dose of the scent of Amortentia potion, but not the lasting effects.

He was just getting ready to add the chopped peppermint — which added the extra scent — when Hermione entered the lab. She was instantly hit with a cloud of potion vapours that smelled like Amortentia to her.

Under the scent of her own shampoo — which she knew Fred "borrowed", despite his constant denial of the fact — she could smell tones of fresh grass, potion ingredients, and salt water taffy. She loved the way Fred smelled so sweet and earthy.

"Hey!" she cleared her throat and greeted him in a casual tone in an effort to feel normal. "Where do you want me to help?"

Fred looked up and his jaw dropped. He was so surprised by her attire, he accidentally dropped the flask he was holding into the bubbling potion, and a generous pinch of the peppermint quickly became a vial-full.

Both Fred and Hermione gasped as the potion bubbled harshly and splattered on them.

"What in Merlin did you add?" she asked as she took stock of herself, quickly using her wand to cast Evanesco and vanish the splattered concoction from the pair of them.

A second later, she looked up to see Fred had dashed forward, his hands fluttering around her nervously.

"Hermione? Are you alright? How do you fee—"

His question was cut off as Hermione's mouth melded to his own while she pushed into his personal space, entwining her arms around his neck. He responded instantly and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

She whimpered as his lips pried hers apart to slip his tongue into her mouth. He pulled her into his chest and shuffled her backwards so her back was pressed against the wall.

"Do you have any idea how irresistible you look when you wear my jersey?" he asked her as he moved his lips to press at her neck. She was average height and had a relatively lean figure aside from her soft curves, but he towered over everyone at six and a half feet. She briefly registered that his irises were blown and she could see her panting reflection in his eyes.