.

Hermione ran to the only place she knew she could go. Diagon Alley was completely deserted, aside from a few stragglers as quarantine was still in full effect. Dashing towards her shop, she waved her wand and entered as the wards let her through.

She quickly raised the wards back up and ventured to the back of her shop with the intention to use her Floo to call someone for advice.

Hermione reached into the flowerpot and grabbed a pinch of powder before pausing. Who could she call? Whenever she found herself in a sticky situation, she normally found herself wanting to read a book to find an answer. Somehow, she didn't believe there was a book with a section labeled, "I got high on the scent of Amortentia and went down on my crush with dubious consent."

She groaned. Her first instinct was to call Ginny. If it were any other wizard, the red-haired woman would be jumping down Hermione's throat for every gritty detail. However, Hermione knew from her brief relationship with Ron that, if the wizard had "Weasley" as a last name, Ginny only wanted the basics and no intimate details.

Hermione wanted to die as she came up with the only person she could ask for advice: Fred's twin.

Refusing to call him, she decided that the next best thing she could do was avoid the issue until she calmed down. She would then calmly apologize to Fred when she got home and explain that she had made a mistake, but she'd move into her shop so he'd no longer feel uncomfortable around her.

A voice that sounded notoriously like her mother's piped up in the back of her mind that it was never healthy to run away, but she resolutely ignored it as she decided to re-inventory her shop's stock. She could never be too sure and it'd take her a couple hours at least. Perhaps alphabetising and colour-coding her books might help.

Later that evening, Hermione snuck back into the flat, hoping against hope that she wouldn't run into Fred. Her hopes were in vain as she made it as far as her room for him to materialise in front of her wearing only his pair of jeans.

"Why are you always shirtless?" she groaned.

"It's the middle of summer, Hermione." Fred rolled his eyes as he stalked closer to her. "A better question would be, 'do you want to tell me what happened earlier?'" he growled. She didn't have to look in his eyes to tell he was officially angry.

"Fred... I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you that way. It was wrong and with the potion affecting us that way, I should have known better and... Oh, my goodness. I'll understand if you don't forgive me and I can move into my shop if it makes it better, but—"

Hermione's rambling was cut off as Fred crossed the room and pinned her against the dresser before sealing her lips with his own.

When he pulled away a moment later, she blinked dumbly at him.

"You really like pinning me to things," she observed.

"A lovely and powerful witch like you? Absolutely," Fred agreed. "However, you seemed to enjoy pinning me to the wall earlier until you decided to run away after getting me off. Considering I didn't get to properly return the favor, I'd really love to pin you to the bed unless you have some grand reason why I shouldn't."

"Fred." Hermione tried to rationalize with him as she wondered if the potion was still affecting him. She'd felt completely fine after he made her come on his hand. "Obviously the potion reacted when I distracted you and you added too much. It's obviously a lust potion and I took advantage of the situation when I kissed you because—"

"It was peppermint ," he cut her off. "Basically, all it did was make the scent stronger. I'm going to guess you didn't have any arguments with how enthusiastically you sucked my cock but, if you don't feel the same way I do, then you really need to tell me now."