Chapter 7

Dawn was never scolded for this long.

Mr. Garnet was furious about Arthur's injury, and about the attack of the Angel renegades sent by the Three Demons. When he finally let her go back into the corridor, after making her promised at least twenty times she would never do that again, she saw Kate stumbling nervously in the room just outside the study. Her blonde friend looked pale and wore a mask of fear Dawn had never seen on her before.

Mr. Garnet stuck his head out the door to say with an angry voice:

"Miss Copper."

Kate raised her eyes and her face got even paler. She stepped into the office and closed the door with a miserable look on her beautiful face.

Dawn sat down on one of the sofas and thought about what happened after Sencen, Damon and herself started their search for Helle. She thought Kate and Arthur would be safe but apparently, they also had been victims of an attack.

Their opponents were very numerous so the Angel created a portal to teleport to the Academy with Arthur but before she disappeared, an elf cast a spell on her. She still didn't know the effects it had on her and was dreading to know them. Dawn's best guess: that was exactly the reason Kate was so nervous getting scolded by Mr. Garnet.

"Oh my god, Dawn! You're okay." Brenna shouted

Dawn smiled, recognizing her roommate.

"Yeah, I'm good... Though the violence I've been witnessing kind of rumbles in my thoughts."

"That's normal. I'm glad you're fine. And I know another person who'll be happy: Elisabeth. I almost had to hypnotize her or mentally throw a wooden box on her head so she wouldn't run away to find you."

The Archangel chuckled, that seemed like something her sister would do.

"I'm especially happy not every one of us was caught for doing a wrong thing."

Brenna rolled her eyes.

"Duh, that's cause' I'm smart. I think I must have hypnotized a dozen students so they didn't tell a teacher you guys were missing."

"But the hypnosis wears off, doesn't it? You couldn't have them all hypnotized at the same time, could you?"

"The hell I can. Well for some limited time at least. They could wander wherever they wanted and they just remembered I manipulated them like twenty minutes ago."

"Wow, you are very powerful. Is that why your family has so much money?"

"Yeah -"

Brenna's answer was cut short by the door slamming behind them. They turned around and saw a furious Kate storm away.

"Well that was friendly." Said sarcastically the Angel fiddling with her hair.

***

Damon arrived in the Blood Mansion and was passing through the basement cells. Clea who was locked up there behind bars shot him a dark glare. And then she noticed the young girl he was carrying and shot him an amused stare.

"So now you're draining human blood too? Wanna join me on the dark side?"

"Very funny." Damon said, rolling his eyes.

He was trying to contain himself to not kill her once and for all. She was already lucky he didn't turn her in to the Crown.

Why didn't he actually?

Well, as a matter of fact, Damon hated the laws Angels imposed to the shadows; it was all very unfair. So he wasn't going to fold completely to the Pact and pretend he hadn't found her yet.