Chapter 9

I woke up early to get ready. Cyan dropped by to give me a French baguette.

"Hope you don't get full and lose more weight."
-C

I read the note he stuck on the door. Baliw talaga yon.

I decided to bike to the local kitchen. Just in time, Akio arrived and parked his bike next to mine.

Cute.

"What's up!" I greeted.

"Hi," he replied.

"Hi lovey-dovey!" bati ni Bailey na best in attendance.

I just shook my head. Bailey and I went inside first.

Akio arranged the table and chairs outside before coming in.

I was assigned to prepare the ingredients today. Akio was on serving duty. Bailey volunteered to cook since Mamita wasn't around.

I prepared the ingredients for the soup and pork empanada.

"I got this." Kio put on the apron and took the knife to start chopping the ingredients.

I was momentarily stunned. Pero hinayaan ko na lang siya mag hiwa ng ingredients.

Tila naman napuno naman ng paro-paro ang tyan ko habang pinapanood ko siya sa ginagawa niya. Yung tipong kinikilig kana pero kailangan mong pigilan.

He looked at me, so I quickly looked away.

"T-thanks." I grabbed another knife to help him finish the chopping.

Hindi ko alam kung saan niya nahagilap ang energy niya sapagkat pati pagluluto ay inako niya na.

Bailey couldn't help teasing me.

"Maybe you want to be a ladle, huh?" she joked.

"What ladle are you talking about!"

"Para mahawakan ka ni Hamada!" she said, laughing. I hit her hard, and she yelped. I didn't realize he was already watching us.

"Don't mind Bailey, Akio! She's just hungry!" I made an excuse.

Bailey handed me a towel and gestured towards Kio, who had small beads of sweat on his forehead from stirring the soup.

I went over to him and, without a word, wiped the sweat from his forehead. I saw his ears turn red. Ganito siguro siya kiligin. Laging namumula ang tenga niya.

"You're sweating," I said and stepped back a little.

"T-thank you," he replied shyly.

We finished our community service today. It felt so heartwarming to see the kids smiling while we served them food.

"I'm leaving you guys now! Hamada, you're in charge. Please take it home with you!" Bailey said as she bid goodbye.

It was already late afternoon when we finished.

"Crazy!" I retorted.

Nakangiti naman si Kio nang lingunin ko. Parang tanga, HAHAHA.

Just kidding, I felt giddy seeing his smile.

"I'll walk you home," he offered.

"No need! Our houses are just a block apart," I declined. Is this called courting or just an act of service?

"Okay, take care," he said.

Wow, napaka masunurin naman niya. Nagpapakipot lang yung tao eh!

-

I decided to buy some Dorayaki, pang stock ko kasi inubos na naman ni Bailey kanina.

Pumila ako sa labas dahil ang dami pa lang costumer ngayon.