LATE FOR SCHOOL

It was one fine morning, Haewon was still sound asleep. But the phone ringing disturbed her from sleeping. She picked up the phone while leaving her eyelids shut. She knew for sure that it was her best friend bae jinsol who's calling her right now.

"Yahhh…Oh Haewon, are you still in bed? Don't tell me you forgot today is our first day of school," Bae yelled at Haewon as her mouth came out of the phone and about to bite her ear.

"Oh…shit!" Haewon swore as her eyes were widened looking at the phone screen to check the time. She then immediately got out of bed running to the bathroom.

She took the lunch box that her mother had prepared for her. A smirk appeared on her face because of the sticknote on the lunch box that said, "Have fun on your first day of school." She skipped her breakfast as she usually did and then dashed to the bus stop.

As soon as she got to the bus stop, the school bus had already left. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and looked down for a moment in exhaustion. But then, as she lifted her head intending to walk to school, she found Bae was just in front of her sight standing next to her bike. Haewon laughed through her breath.

"Yaa…Bae Jinsol. Are you crazy? Why are you still here? Don't you worry about being punished if you're late. You really should have gone to school earlier."

"Come on, you grandma tortoise. We're gonna be late for school if you keep questioning me like this. I'll leave you alone here."

Haewon held her laughter and quickly sat on the back of Bae's bike like a cat.

______________________

"Damn it…The school bell has already rang. Why the hell are those two spoiled kids not here yet?" Beomgyu whispered with displeasure. He had not even entered the school grounds and yet, he was waiting for Bae and Haewon while standing at the school gate with his headphones on.

"It's a relief we're finally here just in time." Bae said in a breathless haste as she stopped the bike.

"Beomgyu ahh…you're also still here. Gosh, I've made my buddies late on the first day of school because of me." Haewon grumbled with dissatisfaction but at the same time, she was giggling seemed to be amused by Bae's reaction to pedaling the bike with the utmost speed.

"As if you have known it earlier" Beomgyu replied to Haewon leaving them behind whereas Bae was side-eyeing Haewon.

"Boemgyua…Wait for us!" Haewon shouted. Boemgyu was still wearing his headphones on.
"Jinsolya…do you think he is mad or is it just my illusion?"

"Yaa…Why wouldn't he be mad at you that we all are now late on the first day because of you, grandma tortoise." Bae answered grumpily while parking her bike at the bike rack.

"Don't you dare call me like that again or I'll leave you alone here" Haewon pouted and then walked away.

"Heyy, those are my words!" Bae said chasing after Haewon, then they both walked together to the school hall.

They found Beomgyu was still waiting for them in the hallway. He waved at Haewon and Bae before going to his classroom. Haewon and Bae did the same as well. And then, the two girls waved at each other and headed to their classrooms. "See ya at lunchtime, guys" It was Bae who shouted as walking backwards.

_________________________

~Just an intro, my dears but I've spent many hours on this to think about the plot. So, please press your pretty little index on the star hehe (hit a like guys)~