Chapter 1: Figuring This Out

"Do you know what you're going to do?" Natasha asked, as she was sitting next to Bucky in the small cupboard in the living room that contained Bucky's nest. Said omega was curled up into Natasha's side, his head resting on her breast, trying to figure out what the hell to do. Natasha was gently scenting Bucky, trying to use her scent to calm him down. It only worked a little, the three positive pregnancy tests in the trash can were causing Bucky so much stress.

They had already established that Bucky was going to keep the baby, as 25 years old, veteran and amputee, Bucky didn't know if he would get another chance at being a father due to how much baggage he carried. So really all they had to do was decide if he was going to tell Steve or not. Natasha had promised not to blab either way. Bucky already knew that Natasha wouldn't, but it made him feel slightly better having the confirmation that she wouldn't.

"He left his phone number in the kitchen before he left, I'm probably going to call," Bucky said, not looking up at the Russian ballerina. Natasha understood, just continued scenting Bucky, because that was all she could do at the moment to try and help calm Bucky's nerves. "Steve is a good guy, James, if anything, he'll be excited about being a father," Natasha said. "He was really sick growing up so he might coddle you a lot but he means well," she added.

"What if he's mad though?" Bucky asked, not being able to conta8nchis intrusive thoughts. "What if he thinks I was lying about being on birth control and wants me to have an abortion?" Bucky added, he and Steve really had done everything right, a condom was used, Bucky had been on birth control since long before he joined the army. It had just happened that everything had failed them during that time.

Bucky had been in heat when his weekend fling with Steve Rogers happened. Normally either Natasha or Sam would come over to help him through it, but that time neither of them had been available, Natasha because her and her boyfriend, Bruce, had been on vacation in India, and Sam because his mate Riley had just given birth to their first pup, so Natasha had called Steve who was a close friend of hers from college. Steve had been at Bucky's door within the hour, being a freelance artist (a popular one at that) he was able to take a weekend off to help the desperate omega.

They had spent the weekend either fucking or cuddling in Bucky's nest watching movies. Steve It had been great, Steve was an attentive alpha, always making sure that Bucky was okay, bringing him Gatorade and snacks after every fucking session, and they also just got along like a house on fire, Steve got along with Gandalf and Galadriel (Bucky's cat and dog) and Bucky fit perfectly into the large alphas arms. Bucky was actually going to call Steve anyway because if they couldn't get together, Bucky at least would have an extra person on standby to help through his heats.

But this just made things more complicated. Not that Bucky was complaining, God no, the idea of being a father excited Bucky so much. But he wished it had happened after he called Steve. Bucky wasn't going to complain about becoming a father though. The omega just hoped that Steve wouldn't be mad because Bucky just wanted to curl up in Steve's strong arms.

"I can call Steve to ask him to come over if you want," Natasha suggested, smirking when Gandalf and Galadriel made their way into the nest and cuddled up with Bucky. "Hey you two," Bucky smiled, petting both of their heads. "Yeah, that would be great, Tasha, but uh, do you think I could meet him at the park? I'd rather be in public in case things go side-ways" Bucky said, finally answering the female Alpha's question. "Alright, Bubs, that's fine, you stay here and I'll be right back," Natasha said, crawling out of Bucky's nest to go make the phone call.

"So you two are going to get a baby human brother or sister," Bucky told his fur-children. "You might get a step-dad also, but that's a bit of a hit or miss if it's going to happen,"