Chapter 1 ~a new school~

Aubrey Thompson was just 17 and ready to start a new high school when her life got turned upside down. It all started when her mother woke her up on the first day of school.

"Aubrey! Get up you have to get ready ." Even though I was already awake and ready because I never slept on the night before the first day of school. Wearing some plaid pants and a black ruffle shirt and my favorite necklace and rings I added my clear lip-gloss as I walked out of the door. As  I entered the kitchen to see my mother , Acacia Thompson, holding a granola bar and a 20 dollar bill,  "Take this and have a good day! You don't wanna be late on your first day of high school kid. " She said handing them to me. "Wait you're not taking me to school?" i asked "No kid...I have to work didn't I tell you yesterday?" My mom answered looking concerned by my question. This wasn't surprising because ever since dad disappeared and we moved to Georgia my mother had thrown herself into her work as a lawyer at Harrison and Mavis , the local law firm.

As I walked out of the door I grabbed my car keys and started up my white Jeep Wrangler. I put the address of my new school in the GPS and turned on some music. Having just moved to Georgia I began to take in the sights of what was around me. During my drive I decided to stop at the Coffee House drive-thru to get myself a true breakfast when I notice the driver of the car in front of me was looking at me through his rear view mirror. When I finally arrive at the window the young women hands me my order as well as note and says "the young man  at the window before you asked me to give this  to you." and raises her eyebrows "And he was kinda cute sweetheart." I manage to take the note and let out a "thank you" to the nice women as I pull away.

Pulling up to the school and pulling into a parking spot I sit and attempt to enjoy my breakfast and possibly my last few minutes of sanity before I have to enter this new environment when I remember the note I had nervously thrown in my passenger's seat.

text me 404-422-2345

That's all the note said so I just chose to ignore it. Checking my  hair and lip gloss once more before I get out of the car. I make my way to the main office to get my schedule. Once I have that I attempt to make it down the hall without being too noticeable I make it to my first class just before the bell rang. I went to speak to the teacher to find a seat. "Ahh you must be Miss Thompson... I'm Ms.Matthews your new English teacher  " says the teacher with an extended hand and a big bright smile. As we shook hands she began to address the class "Alright class welcome back this Monday I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. We have a new student today and her name is Aubrey! Everyone please treat Aubrey with the most welcoming bobcat spirit. I'm going to have you sit behind Levi today. Mr.Jennings if you wouldn't mind raising your hand for our new friend here" she states as she seems she's about to begin class I go to sis behind Levi.

After Ms.Matthews language arts class I had history, science, and math then I had study hall which I had decided to spend at the library and see if there was a good book in there I could begin to read. Once I found a novel to my liking I sat down and began to read. I only got 2 or three chapters in when I was interrupted by the sound of someone speaking as I looked up I saw a face structure and hair color that was oddly familiar to me.

 "Pardon me?" I say quite softly as to protect the ears of the other readers. " Oh I said you're Aubrey Thompson right?" The young man repeated " I'm Chris Harrison" he stated simply. Harrison...Harrison... Where did I know that name from? I thought to myself and seemingly as if he read my mind he states again " Your mother works with my dad at the law firm..." then it all clicked together this boy was the spitting image of his father "Oh yeah... nice to meet you." I say as he begins to sit down

"You don't mind do you?" He asked as he gestures to the chair "Um no not at all." I state quickly trying not to seem mean in the process "So how are you liking C.H.S so far?" He asked once he seems to make himself more comfortable "I've been to worse." I say chuckling softly. " oh that's good! Do you mind if I look at that" he says pointing at my schedule I nod and he Picks it up and gives it a once over. " Oh we have lunch together. A bunch of my friends and I are going to the plaza to eat if you wanna join us? That is unless you've made other lunch plans for today " I decided why not take a chance and meet some new people "sure" I said softly and then the bell rang signifying that the class period was over and it was now time for lunch. "Alright let's go!"

In the parking lot there was a group of kids around a line of cars talking and that's seems to be where Chris was taking me. "Guys this is Aubrey... Aubrey the guys. She's new here and her mom works at the firm " Chris said introducing us all. "This is Max, Sophie, K.J, Jaiden, Maria, and Levi." He explains further. They all greet me and then the conversation starts up about what to eat. "Lets go to tacos and tapas" K.J says and everyone seems to agree. "Alright I'm going to ride with Aubrey so she knows how to get there" Chris states. We then start walking to my car "Oh so you parked in my spot?" Chris says when we reach my Jeep. "I should have known when I pulled up and never saw it before." He laughed. "Oh I'm sorry next time I'll park somewhere else." I say apologetically. "It's fine you didn't know" he says

When we get to the restaurant we get out and join the others at the table. Right after we ordered I remembered I forgot my phone and wallet in the car. As I arrived at the car I started hearing an ear piercing sound. As I turn towards the sound similar to nails on a chalkboard I see nothing but black as I feel my body go limp.  

~Aubrey and her outfit at the top~