What did I do wrong...

"We need to talk"
At that point, Alfred dragged Arthur out of the building and to somewhere more private.
"What's the matter with you!?!" Arthur shouted, "Why are you acting so weird!"
Alfred stayed silent and just glared at him. "You pretty damn well know what's wrong!" He shouted back.
"What are you talking about?"
"Why!?" Alfred said in frustration as he attempted to calm himself down.
"Why what?"
"Why? Why did it come to this... What did I do wrong!?"
It grew very silent.
"I think it's best if I leave." England stated as he walked towards the door.
"Don't go." America whispered, "not again."
By this point, Alfred broke down. He was on his knees, clutching his head in frustration, not allowing the tears to fall out from his eyes. "Don't leave me alone..." He said.
England just stopped and turned around. Examining the scene before him.
He slowly walked towards Alfred and crouched in front of him. He saw the despair in his eyes. He was truly suffering.
Arthur didn't know what possessed him, but he found himself wrapping his arms around the now fragile country, as if he was trying to comfort him. Alfred responded immediately and embraced him. This time, letting the tears come out.
After a few minutes, Alfred's crying stopped. "You probably hate me, don't you..."
"I don't hate you. I know it must have seemed that way." Arthur sighed, "You just never follow anything through 'till... the... end..." He slowly started to stop talking, for those words brought back the horrible memories of that disastrous war that he wished he could forget. Those were the words he used to try to get America to end the war and to keep things the way they were. To stay.
Now, here he is, using them again but on the other receiving end.
"You're right. I don't. But I tried my hardest. But I guess my hardest wasn't enough..."
Those words brought England back into the reality and hit him like a knife to the chest.
This time, England was the one trying to keep the tears in.
Arthur shoved Alfred off of him, "You don't get it at all, you idiot!" He shouted, "Of course it was enough! You gave me more than I could ever ask for!!" Then he quickly covered his mouth right after he said that.
"Then that leaves the question of why... If I was enough. If I did my best to make you happy through everything... Why did you leave me alone?"
England wiped his eyes and sighed, "I didn't have a choice... I had to for the sake of my people and boss. Maybe I wouldn't have left if I did."
"You always have a choice!" America countered as he stood up, turned his back to Arthur, walked towards the door and put his hand on the handle, "You just happened to have made the wrong one..." And with that, he left.
England was left awestruck. He didn't move for a while but when he gained control of his body, he sprinted out the door.
"America!" He called out, running all over the place. He checked each room, ran down each hallway looking for him. He didn't find him anywhere. He even checked the perimeter of the building. Then he realized that there was one place he hadn't checked yet.
He dashed back into the building, running up the stairs, not bothering to take the lift.
When he finally made it, there he was. Looking out into the large city they were in at the time.
America didn't even have to turn around to tell who it was. He even cut England off before he could say anything.
"I'm not going to jump, if that's what you're thinking." He stated bluntly.
"Good, the hero isn't supposed to die." England joked.
He managed to get a small chuckle out of him, but it was quickly gone. He turned around and looked at him with empty eyes. No emotion in them whatsoever other than grief.
"What do you want now?" He said.
"You wanted an explanation, didn't you Alfred." Arthur said.

To be continued....