Chapter 8

[author's note]

i'm going to start adding fan comments at the end of chapters

just to show how fans are reacting to Jinsoo cuz it's fun

Feelings

─── ⊱ ❀ ✿ ❀ ⊰ ───

Jinsoo lets out a long breath, brushing her hands over her skirt. She lets her eyes drift closed for a moment, trying to calm her anxiously beating heart. The girl jumps when she feels a hand slip into hers, opening her eyes to see Jungwon standing next to her. He sends her a small smile, bumping his shoulder against hers. Sometimes Jinsoo forgot that she was the older sibling, her younger brother always acting like he needed to take care of her even with their three-year age gap. 

"Feeling nervous?" He asks, smiling when Jinsoo dramatically falls against his arm with a long sigh. 

"You have no idea, Wonie." She whines, resting her cheek on her brother's shoulder. 

"You've been practicing non-stop, if you do it the way that you practiced with Heeseung Hyung then you have nothing to worry about." Jungwon says, giving his sister's hand a small squeeze. Jinsoo hums in response, the younger boy just letting her rest against him. 

When the gate opens, the I-Landers walk out onto the stage. They all move to their side, Heeseung standing next to Jinsoo. He presses his shoulder against hers, the two of them watching the gate to see when the Grounders would appear. Jinsoo takes a deep breath, trying to take some strength from the boy. The gate opens to reveal the Grounders, the girl lighting up when she sees Ni-ki and Sunoo. She sends both boys an excited wave, grinning at the other Grounders. Jinsoo tenses when it's announced that the vocal units would be performing first, the girl feeling Heeseung's hand touching hers. 

"You can do this." He says under his breath, handing Jinsoo's mic to her. She meets his gaze as they stand in their starting positions, the boy nodding his head. Jinsoo hears her brother cheering for her just as the music starts, the girl trying her best to keep her nerves under control. 

This test really put the pressure on the five I-Landers that had been chosen to perform, they had to win. If I-Land wins then nobody would be voted out, but if the Grounders won then they would have to vote people out. That was something that Jinsoo just couldn't do, she just couldn't handle the emotional turmoil of having to vote out people that she had come to care about. 

❀ ✿ ❀

"Jinsoo looks a bit nervous." Rain comments as he leans forward in his seat, his eyes trained on the screens in front of him.

"I'm actually a little surprised to see her in the vocal unit, I would have expected her to be in the dance unit" Zico says, glancing at the two men next to him. Bang Si Hyuk nods his head in understanding, crossing his arms tightly over his chest. 

"I heard rumour that Jinsoo had been practicing her vocals before joining the show, we'll see how she does in this challenge." He says with almost a proud smile on his face, his eyes focused on the screens as the I-Land Vocal team begins their performance.