CHAPTER THREE: SLYTHERIN BET

5th year

Draco looked at the letters that moved unruly, making it difficult to read the words on the door. When he finally managed to decipher them, he almost rolled his eyes. Parkinson could be so childish sometimes...

DO NOT ENTER. RISK OF DISABILITY OR DEATH!

The boy, not even bothering to knock, pulled the door handle. He always visited the Parkinsons with his parents once a year, during the holidays, and always immediately afterwards wondered why he was doing it. The men trusted their children, but according to him, they greatly exaggerated "hospitality". Other parents wouldn't even let the boy enter their daughter's room, and they almost pushed him into Pansy's room themselves. They did this especially now, when they hoped that their children would reconcile again and be able to communicate somehow again. Last school year, Draco finally broke up with Pansy.

"How nice of you to drop by," Miss Parkinson said, without turning her head as soon as the boy entered. She was extremely absorbed in writing something down in her notebook, but after a while she turned to the guy who had already settled down in the armchair next to the bed.

"I know you're happy to see me," Draco said sarcastically. "But can you do it a little more discreetly? All this cheering is completely unnecessary. The parents are downstairs."

She didn't answer, returning to her interrupted activity.

"What are you writing?" he asked after a while, stealing glances at Pansy's hand moving along the paper.

"Nothing," she said a little too quickly, stopping. "Did they ask you to call me down?" she asked, trying to sound polite. She put away her notebook with her free hand.

"You changed the subject interestingly," Draco observed, raising his eyebrows. "Luckily for you, yes, we should go downstairs in a moment. But before we go there, I want to talk."

The boy hesitated. He wasn't entirely sure if Pansy would accept what he was about to tell her.

"You don't want to back out of our bet, do you?" the girl's voice broke him out of his thoughts. She smiled venomously.

Even as a couple, they bet things and for as long as she could remember, they had been laughing together and gossiping about their victims. Of course, murder was never an option, but Pansy always emphasized the words for now.

"That's right," Malfoy said, wondering how Parkinson knew what he was thinking. "The idea of ​​framing this idiot from Hufflepuff so that he gets expelled from school seems too easy to me, it's a waste of my effort."

"His parents are Aurors," Pansy interjected, clearly dissatisfied with the boy's argument. She didn't like it when anyone, especially Draco Malfoy, questioned the difficulty of a task she had come up with.

"Like half the students in this school," he snapped, trying to speak calmly. "Do you think he will become one? He is from HUFFLEPUFF," he emphasized these words in particular. "He will never be like his parents. Maybe his mother slept with some Gryffindor guy and got him, and then she convinced hubby that the baby was his? Have you seen him at all? I watched him before the holidays and believe me, even killing him would be a piece of cake. You have to just approach him from behind. So if you don't want to lose the bet, think of something else," Draco ordered, looking around the room.

It hasn't changed much since the last time. It was still the size of a large studio apartment. However, the room was very modest and that surprised the boy. Usually, when he came here, he could easily compare the room to an apartment. There was a kitchenette and an integral part of the room was a comfortable bathroom. The biggest surprise now was the lack of furniture. There was only one desk, a couple of armchairs and a bed in the room, also not very chic. The boy thought that Pansy's mother probably hadn't been there yet to refurbish the furniture, otherwise she wouldn't have allowed her daughter to live in something like that, much less receive guests like him.