Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Coco

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

There has been an article some time ago that talked about Coco's facial symmetry. The media outlet even had her face analyzed using the golden ratio test just to see if she was as beautiful and perfect as they say.

The headline read: Does our generation's It Girl, Coco Illaraza, pass the golden ratio test?

It was clearly uncalled for, Coco couldn't bring herself to read it. Takang-taka naman 'yong kasama niya sa van kung bakit siya tahimik.

Axel had his eyes fixed on her. "May anghel bang dumaan? Kukuhain ka na?"

"What!"

"Sumama ka na para mabawasan ng masasama dito sa mundo, ha?"

Coco swears she saw a glint passing through his eyes. Probably caused by some satisfaction that he was able to get on her nerves again.

B'wisit talaga!

Coco scoffed at his audacity. "Sure. Then I'll tell them you're next."

"Ah . . ." He nodded, grinning. "So gusto mo 'kong kasama hanggang sa kabilang buhay? Ikaw talaga, o."

"What the hell?"

Ax chuckled, snatching her phone. "Ako na nga magbabasa niyan."

She flashed him a glare. "Fine."

Coco didn't want to know the contents of the article, but she couldn't help herself from fishing information through Axel's reactions. His brows were slightly raised at the first ten seconds.

Is it good?

But then it dropped and a glint was evident in his eyes again.

No?

It vanished, then a slight twitching visited a corner of his lips.

What was that?

"Pasang-awa." Ax clicked his tongue. "Pa'no 'yan? Pumalakol ka dito, lagot ka kay Tita."

"Anong lagot?" Coco tried so hard not to crease her forehead. Baka mag-cause pa ng wrinkles. She's too young to get botox. After all, it was just a meaningless article. "As if it's my fault?"

"Oo, malamang. Pagmumukha mo 'yan, e."

Napairap na lang siya.

She knew her imperfections very well. Coco has never been a stranger to that when she has a habit of staring at herself in front of her vanity. A single blemish, evident pores, skin textures, unwanted marks, unfaded scars, it would make up for a long list.

Her skin should remain spotless. Smooth, supple, soft.

All her life, Coco was expected to be flawless. Thick-skinned, tight-lipped, emotion-free. Flawless.

But she has never felt more naked until that article dropped on a Sunday afternoon. Bakit ba nila pinakikialaman 'yong mukha niya? They have their own faces, why can't they use that to check if they would pass the golden ratio? Coco spent the whole time thinking why does it have to be her? It was so unwarranted.

And when they found out (which was clearly evident) that her face was asymmetrical, some people on the comment section said that she wasn't that pretty after all.

She could even list everything there.

• Mas maganda pa nanay niya nung kabataan

• namana niya mukha ng tatay niya may angle lang na gwapo