𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

THE NEXT DAY WAS terribly windy, the sky was filled with clouds and a grey sky, gloomed with smoke, covered the atmosphere like a blanket of infinite fog. Theodore had been sat in a bundle of uncollected thoughts for an elongated amount of time, starved of the fresh air his body craved. Despite everyone being deprived of sunlight plainly due to the unfortunate weather, the chilled, airy breeze outside would've been a better thrill then being cooped up inside of his dorm all day long. From the other side of the room, a loud PING emitted from Theodore's phone. However, he did not look at it or move and go to grab it, he did not even flinch. He stayed very still, lost in thought like a person in a maze.

Supposedly, his thoughts were a maze. A maze of disorganised thoughts, all bundled together like tangled up Christmas lights first brought out the box in the early stages of December. His mind rattled with misfortune, and yet he still did not quite grasp an understanding of what he was even dwelling on. Or why. He felt that despite the fact human bodies had been created in a way which meant that they could adapt to different problematic situations, in this case, too many thoughts at one time to the point of overstimulation, his body worked in a different way to everybody else. Which for some odd, unknown reason, hurt him in an inexplicable way, a way that was not to ever be delved into in any form of detail, it was that intimate and agonising.

How does one properly make sense of a garbled state of mind? He yearned for that very specific feeling, a little less deprivation and a little more depth of comprehension. Of course, nobody could make that happen besides from oneself. And to which Theodore, who was well aware of this himself, just dug a deeper hole. A hole that he had already dived into on his own, despite the regret of beginning the thinking process. You may wonder what it is that he was pondering on deep enough for it to mean that he was forced to maintain such extraordinary focus, and the answer was solely basic.

A girl.

But not just any girl, no. She was an enigma, so mysterious and unpredictable. That's what he liked about her, but it was also his main dilemma when it came to comprehending the girls perception. Perhaps her mind was just as unsolvable as his own? Was her mind jumbled in inexplicable ways, ways that were so severe and complicated it meant that they could never be solved. Never to be organised or understanded, or seen by anyone but oneself.

He urged to understand what on Earth had caused her to repel from him so much to the point he had to steal her belonging just to have a simple conversation. But once again, he knew just as well as she did that both slytherins minds were terminally incommunicable and unexplainable.

Oh, how he would pay just to see that fear and anger in her eyes just one more time. He loved it. Savoured it. Revelled in it.

The way her eyes would widen ever so slightly, the way her eyebrows furrowed in pure and utter irritation of his ignorance. The way her tolerance levels would hit the ground so quickly. How she huffed and puffed due to his immature, boyish behaviour.

He found it all so amusing, it made his insides churn with excitement and anticipation.

And just like his murky behaviour, the weather had matched his mood. Beyond the thin glass window, the consistent gusts of wind soared at a rapid pace, causing a high pitched whistling sound to reverberate through and echo against Theodore's ears. Winter in Hogwarts was always cold, and the chilly air was so extreme that when hitting one's face, it was as though the person was enduring an electric shock.

However, the difference waas that Theodore's mind functioned in dangerous ways and Amaryllis' worked in intimidating ways, he wanted to keep his secret safe, she wanted to help make the world good. After hearing about the death-eater situation involving You-Know-Who, she had lost faith in the purity of her once safe and secure school she had called home all these years. Obviously, the fact it was Theo and his friends didnt shock her, but in a way she supposed it did.