Ghosts - Yeonji

A twist to the popular prompt where the main characters only have one bed. In this case, there were too many beds.

_____

_____

"Sorry, sir but there's only one room left, and it's a family suite."

And that's how enemies Yeonjun and Yeji, former academic rivals and now heirs of rival companies, ended up in the same room. A room with 10 beds.

"You will pay me back by the end of the week or I will drop a fucking bomb in your office," Yeonjun threatens, triggered at the fact that they were forced to get the most expensive room of all.

"Suit yourself."

Actually, the both of them were so sick and tired of having to manage their respective family companies so they decided to run away, not knowing each other were having the same idea.

An hour ago...

Yeji was waiting for the bus with her luggage, when she spotted her enemy running with a back pack towards the same bus stop.

Yeonjun was actually running from his personal bodyguard, dashing past Yeji and into a random hotel.

Soon after, Yeji saw her own bodyguard in the distance, to which she panicked and ran (leaving her luggage behind) towards the closest place: that same hotel.

She ducked down behind one of the sofas to hide, when she felt a presence next to her.

"AAAHHH-"

"Shhhhhh" Yeonjun covers her mouth with his hands so that she won't expose themselves, to which she slaps away immediately.

Forced to stay in silence with that close proximity, they waited for a good 5 minutes before deciding to stay a night in the hotel before continuing their runaway.

Back to the present...

The moment Yeonjun opened the door to the hotel, Yeji pushed him aside, forcing her way in first. "I'm taking that bed, and I would like to sleep as far from you as possible, duck face." she points to the bed furthest from the door.

"You say that like I want to sleep next to you, snobbish snake."

Yeji rolls her eyes before lying on her bed, trying to sleep, while Yeonjun washes up first.

Just then, Yeji heard a loud thud right next to her. She looks over, thinking it's Yeonjun, but to her surprise, no one was there.

Yeji, a fearless soon to be CEO swears she's scared of nothing. Nothing, that is, nothing but ghosts.

So that's how she stupidly assumes there's a ghost in their room.

And when Yeonjun, came out of the bathroom, he sees the girl hiding under a blanket with a terrified expression on her face.

He has to hold back his laughter as she looked so ridiculous for absolutely no reason at all. "Are you okay? Your face is whiter than paper" he asked jokingly.

"Fuck off..." Yeji tries to sound tough but in reality her hands are shaking.

"Okay then, good night." Yeonjun says before turning the lights off and laying on the bed farthest from Yeji.

A few seconds later, he felt warm breath hit his back and a hand fisting his sleeve. He looks over and it's Yeji, who is terrified.

"Didn't you say you wanted to sleep far away from me?" he asks, confused.

"I think there's a g-ghost.." she finally admits her fear, in a small voice while closing her eyes, embarrassed to be stuck in this situation with him of all people.

Yeonjun held back his laugh for the second time. Did he just witness THE Hwang Yeji get scared? Of ghosts? Yes, he did.

"So, what do you want me to do. Cast the ghosts away?" Yeonjun teases.

"Just s-shut up,"

A brief moment of awkward silence follows, and Yeji is growing more and more embarrassed and uncomfortable.

Yeonjun suddenly turns around to face the girl and wraps her in his arms, the way a couple would. "Should I hide you from the 'ghosts', like this?"

Another thing Yeji hates about him is how he finds every chance to flirt with any and every girl. And Yeji knows very well not to fall for his traps but she can't help but blush at the sudden gesture. The normal Yeji would've landed a punch right at his face, but the current Yeji felt strangely pulled towards the comfort of Yeonjun's hug, feeling a warmth she never felt before.

Before she could say anything, Yeonjun cuts off her train of thoughts. "Silence means yes. Good night, scaredy cat."

In the quiet darkness of the hotel room, as Yeonjun drifted into sleep, he felt Yeji's heartbeat gradually slowing down, her breaths becoming more even. With a tender smile, he snuggled closer to her, silently vowing never to reveal his own fear of ghosts.

.

.

.