Chapter 3: Dinner

"He doesn't have Instagram?" Emma says with wide eyes. "Did he tell you why?" She questions as she opens the pantry for some food.

"I just couldn't find him-"

"Found him." Emma says as she hands me her phone with Williams Instagram page.

"How did you- nevermind." I say as I open his page on my phone. "Why did it have to be private?"

"Just send him a request it's not like he would decline."

"He has like 53 followers what if he accepts only selected people."  I say as I read the text from my mom.
"Dinner at Sadie's be home my 6"

"You wanna grab lunch?" Emma asks munching on her chips.

"Nah I'm not hungry."

Just as I sent her an ok I get another text.

"Hi."

"Is it your boyfriend~?" Emma asks teasingly.

"He's not my boyfriend." I say as I smile at his text.

"Oh my god you're so whipped. I'm gonna do homework I'll be in my room." Emma says as she grabs her phone and starts walking upstairs.

"First of all I'm not whipped, second of all I'm leaving"

"Have fun talking  to your boyfriend!"
Emma shouts as she goes upstairs.

I roll my eyes and reply to his text.

"Hi."

"Are you excited to see me my lady?"

"In your dreams Monsieur"

Williams family invited us to dinner. I still can't process the fact that he's my neighbor, but I think I'm getting used to it.
.
.
______________________________________
WILLIAMS POV:

"Are you dumb? This is so simple." My so called dad says to me trying to explain a math problem.

"Winsdor don't." My mom trys to stop him as he takes of his belt.

"I'm supposed to call you my child?"

"Winsdor. Stop it. We have people coming over" My mom tries to convince him.

He put the belt down and took my ruler. I wince as the ruler hits my skin.

"One for being stupid."

"One for being dumb."

"One for being an idiot."

The door bell rings.

"William take your books and go upstairs." My mom says as she takes off her apron.

"You didn't have to be so harsh it was just one question." I hear my mom say as I walk upstairs. My dad scoffs and goes to open the door.

When will I ever satisfy him? When will he ever be proud of me? When will he ever call me his son? Am I that bad? Do I disappoint him that much?

I lay down trying to think much about it and I hear a knock. It's probably my mom coming in to give me her sympathetic looks.

"Yes?"

"Hi." It's Amelia. I quickly sit up on my bed. "It's okay your mom said your weren't feeling well." She says as she allows herself in.

"Hi."

"Can I look around?"

"Yeah sure."  She's in a hoddie. Again. It's practically boiling outside but she's still in a hoddie.

"You're room is eh not as good as mine." She says as she crosses her arms and sits on my bean bag chair.

"Please you're room probably has one direction posters all over." I say as I sit on the floor across from her.

"By the looks of it you're a directioner yourself." She says as she points at my midnight memories poster.

"Sure but you're Instagram is filled with-" I stop as I realize what I just said.

"My what?"

"Shut up."

"William Winsdor."

"Shut up."

"Awwww you're so cute."

"I was just curious!" I say in my defense. I grab my phone and follow her. "Happy?" I say as she flashes a little smile.

"Dinner!" My mom calls out from downstairs.
.
.
*At the table*

"How's school going William?" Amelia's mom asks as she takes a big sip of her wine.

"It's going great, Amelia has been helping me out a lot." Just as I say that I look over and Amelia has barely touched her food.

"Not hungry?"

"I just had a heavy lunch." She says with a small smile. I nod in acknowledgement and continue eating.

The adults continue their conversation while I hold my self back from staring into Amelia's eyes.
Can I get any more obvious?  Impossible.

______________________________________
AMELIA'S POV:

"Should I text him???????"
"EMMAA???"
"EMERGENCY??"
"HELLOO??"

"What" Emma finally texts back. 

"Should I text William??"

"GO FOR IT SISTER!!!!! and let me sleep."

"You're cute."

At this point I'm pacing back and forth wondering what I should say. Should I just ask to hang out or should I offer to help with homework? Maybe I should do both. Both???? Screw it.

"Hi." After 30 minutes of indecisiveness I sent it. OH MY GOD I DID IT.

"Hi." He immediately replied back.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow? We could work on the assignment as well."

"Didn't know we were on the formality of asking I was just gonna show up tomorrow;)"
"Kidding."
"But yeah I'm down."

"I thought you might be busy with Mr.Alex so I asked just in case."

"Your house, noon."

"Whatever you say Mr. Alex's lover."

"Good night neighbor."

"Good night lover boy."

I DID ITTTT!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
.
.