𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙪𝙣𝙣𝙮 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜

Tonight was supposed to be special. It was supposed to be the last time Mattheo and I could be together without fearing that Voldemort is spying on us. But, that was the exact opposite of what happened. He was there, and now I'm sitting with my legs pressed together against a tree, my vision blurry from tears, my throat clogged up with sobs, my nose runny, and goosebumps across my skin. Mattheo is gone.

I don't know what kind of gone. dead or alive. All I know is that his father took him. And I have no idea how to get him back if I can get him back, if he's alive for me to get back.

two hours earlier.

I'm sitting with Lilly in our dorm room. I told her about Mattheo's plan. She said it was a good one. I'm still not sure. I just have an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach that something's not right.

Mattheo said to meet him at the black lake, I have to be there in maybe 15 minutes. I'm already ready. Wearing a pastel blue flowy dress with my white high tops. I didn't want to do anything too crazy, I didn't put on makeup, not knowing if we'd be going inside the lake. I also put a white bikini on underneath my dress. I put my hair in a low ponytail, my baby hairs out. Lilly is smiling at me, a laugh escaping her lips. "I'm so excited for this!! I can't believe you two are getting back together!"

I shake my head, a laugh escaping from me as well. "I never said we were getting back together...just talking again."

"But, you want to get back together."

"I do" I whisper, and a blush fills my cheeks.

She grins "Okay, so I haven't had any visions of tonight so I'm assuming all goes well."

"I hope so."

She nods "It'll be okay, It'll be more than okay, it'll be great."

I look away, smiling slightly. I feel like something is off, with everything. This plan seems too easy. Too simple. Something is wrong. But, I'm selfish. I want Mattheo. In any way, I can get. I don't know what is wrong with me, what happened, but all I know is that I don't like that Mattheo is putting himself on a silver platter for his father to eat. It's unsettling. Stupid.

I guess Lilly notices my mood shift. How I'm staring at our blank cream-colored walls. How I have this huge lump stuck in my throat, that won't go away. "What's wrong?" Lilly's voice snaps me out of whatever trance I was stuck in. Her voice is soft and gentle. Like she knows I'll snap at any time, and maybe that's true.

I don't reply to her though, that lump keeping me from saying what's on my mind, my fears. She tilts her head to the right slightly. I guess she's trying to read me, trying to figure out what's going through my chaotic mind, dark thoughts flickering around like a book, new chapters being written every minute.

"Aurora." She says again, her voice firmer than before. But, her voice is still gentle, trying not to break me.

I finally look at her and let out a sigh, that comes out more shaky, cracked. Like if I don't have enough air in my lungs. "What's wrong?" Lilly murmurs "Don't worry about this Rory...you're thinking too much. If I have another vision I'll tell you."

I'm grateful for Lilly, she tries her best to make me feel okay. But I know she's wrong. She has to be, what other thing could this feeling possibly be? Nerves? "I-" I start to speak, but stop trying, I know that I can't.

"Look tonight, is gonna be great. You and Mattheo will sit in the green grass, swim, and play in the lake, he'll splash you with water and push you in, you'll laugh, he'll do that cute thing we see in rom-coms and feed you a strawberry, and you'll have that hot make out, it'll be perfect—don't overthink."