↢ Ⅴ ↣

☽ ✯ ✯ ☾

☽ ✯ ✯ ☾

Bellamy glanced at his sister's wounded leg, a mix of guilt and frustration clouding his expression. "I told you it was not a good idea to go on this trip, especially when you don't know the people you're walking beside," he muttered, his gaze shifting to Asteria conversing with Nate Miller.

Octavia followed his gaze and sighed when she realized where it landed. "She is my friend, Bell. My first and only friend, why don't you get it? And by the way, she told me how you begged her to look out for me."

"I didn't beg, and even if I did, she did a crappy job," Bellamy retorted, his jaw tensing at the mention of Asteria's involvement.

"She saved me! She was in the river with me while we were both attacked by that thing," Octavia insisted, her voice rising with frustration.

Bellamy ignored his sister's protest, refusing to dwell too much on Asteria Montgomery and her sudden heroics. "What the hell was that?" he demanded, gesturing to the cut on Octavia's leg.

"I don't know," Octavia admitted, "The others said it looked like a giant snake."

"You could've been killed," Bellamy stated, his tone heavy with worry.

Just then, Clarke, the blonde, approached them, her presence adding another layer of tension to the already strained atmosphere. "She would have been if Jasper didn't jump in to pull her out," Clarke interjected, her gaze fixed on Bellamy.

Octavia, noticing Wells and the blonde with a bag of rations, began to stir. "You guys leaving? I'm coming, too," Octavia declared, attempting to sit up despite Bellamy's obvious disapproval.

"No, no. No way," Bellamy objected, placing a firm hand on his sister's shoulder, "Not again."

Clarke stepped in, her tone firm. "He's right. Your leg's just gonna slow us down," she informed Octavia, her eyes flicking to Bellamy, "I'm here for you."

Bellamy's suspicion toward Clarke was palpable as he watched her closely. "Clarke, what are you doing?" Wells chimed in, his concern evident.

"I hear you have a gun," Clarke stated, her gaze fixed on Bellamy's waistband where the weapon was concealed.

Bellamy hesitated for a moment before lifting his shirt to reveal the gun. "Good," Clarke continued, her voice low and deliberate, "Follow me."

With that, she began to walk away, leaving Bellamy to exchange a puzzled look with Nate. "And why would I do that?" Bellamy questioned, his brow furrowed in confusion.

"Because you want them to follow you," Clarke replied, her tone almost amused, "and right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared." With a smirk, she turned and walked away, leaving Bellamy to contemplate her words.

After the conversation, Asteria and Nate had, she chose to wait for Monty, Finn, and Clarke to go on a rescue trip for Jasper. However, what she saw was pretty unexpected.