ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ɢʟᴏᴏᴍ

::::**•°𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 °•**::::

....::::**•°𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 °•**::::....

My days are filled with back-to-back obligations—from investor meetings to family engagements—that weigh heavily on me. As son of the chairman, known for being unyielding and stern, casts a long shadow over my career, I find myself reluctantly stepping into the role of a CEO for a company that holds little of my interest.

This role comes with the additional burden of an expected marriage to a woman I do not love, a stark contrast to my personal identity where only men have captured my affection. Yet, I've managed to keep this part of my life private, cherishing the moments away from the public eye where I can truly be myself. But here I am, positioned at the end of a conference table, my mind wandering amidst the heavy expectations.

Compounding my personal struggles are the intense corporate battles between my family's company and a rival firm. This feud has persisted for years, each side eagerly waiting for the other to falter, holding deep-seated grudges that threaten to destabilize both businesses. This environment of constant competition and personal dissatisfaction creates a relentless pressure that challenges my well-being.

The chairman's frustration boiled over as he slammed his hand onto the table, his voice echoing through the conference room. "Every time you don't pay attention, I'm losing money! Focus," he roared, his eyes glaring with intensity.

I snapped my head toward him, feeling a mix of defiance and weariness. "I'm uninterested, haven't you realized yet?" I responded, my voice steady as I laced my fingers together, meeting his gaze without flinching. The air between us charged with tension, a silent standoff in the midst of corporate chaos.

The chairman's jaw tightened, his eyes narrowing as he assessed my defiant stance. He leaned forward, his voice low and controlled, betraying his attempt to keep his composure. "Uninterested? This is not just a job, it's your legacy. Your future. Do you understand the weight of what you're dismissing?"

I held his gaze, my voice calm but firm. "I understand more than you think. But this legacy feels more like a chain than an honor. How can I lead with passion when my path is chosen for me, without regard for what I truly want?"

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "What you want... can be part of this discussion. But you need to engage, you need to be present. We can find a compromise, but not if you've already checked out."

"I need to leave; I have another meeting to attend," I said, my tone firm but fatigued. "After you sort out what you truly want beyond this relentless conflict with your rival, let me know. I'm genuinely perplexed by your stance on BDSM; I don't understand what it's done to make you so eager to shut it down," I continued, rolling up my sleeves to reveal my arms, which were covered in an intricate tapestry of tattoos.

The chairman's expression shifted slightly, a blend of sternness and a faint hint of understanding crossing his features. "One day, you'll see the value in what I'm trying to do here. After your meeting, come to my office. We'll talk more," he replied, his voice steady, projecting a confidence that he seemed to wish I would inherit.