1 - the lab.

"Good morning, everyone. I hope you guys slept well." A deep and husky voice was heard throughout the room. Kids of all ages, races, and gender were sat in a somewhat small room, the floor being painted with different colors and the walls matching them. The kids that lived inside wore long hospital gowns and each one had a specific name, corresponding to the number tattooed on their wrist.

"Number 004, come here please." The tall man spoke and looked down at the kid that walked up to him. "Do you feel ready for your first lesson?" He sat down as the man spoke and he shook his head. "Scared." 004 said. His voice was deep as well, since he was the oldest of the group of kids. He was 16 going on 17 and was taken from his uncle to live here, at the lab.

"There's nothing to be scared of. Come on, Ill be with you the entire time." The grey headed man smiled as he spoke, a smile that seemed sly- that seemed like the person had something to hide. 004 nodded and slowly got up. The two of them walked out of the room and down a hallway. The kids all had a certain room that they did their lessons in. "011? Papa, where is 011?" The fragile kid said and slowly turned his head to the man. "I don't know 004. She.. she is gone right now. But I'm finding her." Papa said simply and opened the door of 004s.

The two of them walked in and 004 sat down in a chair close to the door, and Papa sat in front of a table and took out a notebook. "Alright." He said and lowered a contraption over 004s head and then turned it on. 004 closed his eyes and fixed his posture. Papa took a pen off of the table he was in front of and began drawing an animal. 004 could hear every swoosh of the man's hand and every mark of the pen that he had.

"Now, 004. Tell me what I've drawn." Papa said and lowered his head slightly so he could see how 004 was reacting. "A.. a pig?" 004 said, his voice ringing through the recording device that Papa had turned on when they walked in. "Good." Papa smiled slightly and wrote down in his smaller notebook about what 004 had said, and how his heart rate spiked while he was looking at the paper.

"He's here somewhere. I know he is, and if you guys don't tell me where he is I will raise hell. He's my nephew and you don't have the right to tell me I can't look for him."

A deep and raspy voice rang through 004s ears and he flinched slightly. He was now surrounded by pure darkness, and there was a little bit of water under his feet. He began walking, slowly, to the person who was speaking. It was a tall man and a police officer. "Hopper you aren't listening to me. Hes been missing since he was 14! He could be dead for all I know!" The man yelled. 004 tilted his head and reached out for him. He recognized him, though he didn't know why. He only knew the people at the lab and the man never worked at the lab from what he knew.

"Look Wayne. I'm trying to find him. It's hard when everyone is bombarding me with other things that are happening. Eddie being missing isn't the only problem that is in Hawkins right now." The officer explained. "Hello?" 004 spoke softly and finally touched the man, and as he did the image of the two dissolved into the darkness that surrounded him. 004 quickly snapped out of it and wiped his nose.

"004, what was that? Did you see anything?" Papa spoke, he had already set his pen and paper down and was now standing in front of 004. "No papa- there we're some.. people talking about a missing kid. Eddie.. or something." 004 explained and wiped the blood from his nose onto his gown. "Oh, alright." Papa's facial expression stiffened slightly. He took Eddie back into the room that he was originally in and went into his office.

"His friends are worried sick about him. Never stops asking me if he's been found. You don't understand having a kid missing, not knowing where they are or if they're hurt or dead. You just don't understand." Wayne snapped at Hopper, his eyebrows furrowed and his fists balled. "I do understand. But I can't find him if you don't leave me alone for at least a day, Wayne. It isn't my fault that he's missing." Hopper pinched the bridge of his nose as he spoke. Wayne sighed softly and covered his face with one of his hands. "Your no help. I should of known." Wayne exclaimed and shoved Hopper back into his chair and stormed out of the police station.

When he arrived back to his trailer, his wife looked up from the book she was reading and sighed after seeing his expression. "No luck sweetheart?" She said, her voice was sweet and quiet. Wayne shook his head and sat next to her. "None at all. Hopper isn't trying to help, or at least it seems like it. He keeps telling me I'm being too pushy and all of this- bullshit." Wayne covered his face with both of his hands. His wife gently wrapped her arms around him and pulled him close. "We'll find him. It's just a matter of time and luck. I'm sure he isn't far away, we just haven't been looking in the right places. Thats all." She smiled softly and kissed his head lovingly. "I hope so Marie. I hope so."