Chapter 13

"Blaze come here," Ash called to the dragon. "We are going to work on your defense. Golduck, Wartortle, Volt, and Tyrunt, you're going to help in Blaze's training. I need you guys to blast him with all sorts of water, electric and rock attacks." The quartet nodded at their instructions.

"Blaze, while they attack you, your only options are to take it or dodge it. No attacking back. Is that clear." The fire type nodded, but the prospect of been made target practice wasn't all that good to him. Ash smiled. This training would help in Blaze's defense and also train their aim in hitting aerial targets.

"Ready, begin." As the words left Ash's mouth, Blaze took off into the air as a water gun sailed after him. He swerved right to avoid it, and narrowly avoided another one. Blaze flinched as a sharp stone hit his stomach and sent him down. He took off just in time to avoid a thunderbolt. Ash decided to leave them. He would stop them when Blaze had been hit enough.

"That's enough," Ash said as Butterfree and Beedrill successfully completed their twentieth lap around their training area. It had been roughly an hour since he dismissed Blaze and the rest and gave them various tasks. "Good job." He scratched both of them. They had completed the stat aspect, now it was time for a move.

"Butterfree use string shot." Butterfree squealed as he shot a singular string of web at a tree, wrapping it in seconds. "What I want you to do is this. Practice shooting your string shot as a giant web. That would help you get a starting grasp on learning electroweb. I'll check on you in a while." The bug type nodded as he flew off to a place to practice the move.

"This will be an easy one for you. You'll be working on drill run. Basically, I want you to practice rotating your drills at a high speed and with great force. Once that force is sufficient enough, ram your drills into a tree. Practice that and gradually add ground energy into the move. I'll check on you soon." And he left her.

Scene Change

Ash arrived to see Golduck face off against Clefairy. Golduck clenched his right hand as it soon started to take on an icy sheen. He ran at her as he slammed his icy fist into her. She flinched before launching a water pulse at him. Golduck dodged it but soon had to dodge more as Clefairy assaulted him, throwing in a signal beam on occasion. They stopped as Ash walked up to them.

"How's reflect coming?" Clefairy nodded as she used the move. Golduck's hand glowed an orange red as he ran at her. He slammed into the barrier and his move hit her. The barrier flared up, showing that the damage was reduced. "Good job. I think you've got reflect just about mastered. As it is now, we can use it in battle. Clefairy, I want you to run over your moves. Go help out Emerald. Golduck. I want to see shadow ball."

Golduck quacked as he formed the blob of ghostly energy and launched it at a tree. The ball hit the tree and exploded. "Good enough. It's time for the next step. What I want you to do is create a water pulse inside a shadow ball. Try forming the two separately in both hands and try fusing them. Understood?"

Golduck nodded as he began his training, while Ash left to meet the next trainees.

Scene Change

Scizor and Volt were both sparring since both their styles involved tanking, they took turns slamming each other with attacks. And since Ash had explained their battle styles to them, Volt was more than ready to surprise his partner. He waved his hands as the clouds turned dark and lightning struck Scizor. It was a good thing he was using light screen or it might have been bad.

Ash ran to Scizor's aid as he saw the light screen flare and shatter. "Scizor!" The steel type actually took the attack well and stood up back as he aerial aced Volt. Volt was the one who was now surprised. He rolled across the ground where he slowly got up. "That was amazing you guys. Nice attack Volt and nice defense Scizor. How about we call it Thunder shower?" Volt thought about it for a moment before nodding and whirling his hands.