16 | fight.

"Just keep breathing

"Just keep breathing. Cause in a world where you're no longer breathing...."— Soul Rivers.

SOUL • RIVERS

It all comes down to thisI miss your mornin' kiss

I miss your mornin' kiss

THE ROOM. The room whirled around me, each spin feeling like a twist on a rollercoaster, disorienting and surreal. It was as though I was watching everything from outside my body, disconnected from reality. The news hit me like a sledgehammer, shattering my heart into countless fragments. My limbs felt limp, and I was engulfed in a numbing sensation I'd never known before, a heaviness settling deep in my chest.

I won't lie, I'm feelin' it
You don't know, and I'm missin' it

"What happened?" I managed to choke out, my voice barely above a whisper, as I reached out to touch his hand. Sitting beside him, I watched as doctors bustled in and out, the room a flurry of activity. He lay there, unmoving, machines beeping rhythmically, an IV line snaking into his arm.

I'm so dumb, I must admit
It's too much to hold it in

"Is he breathing? What's happening?" I pleaded for answers, my mind groping in the darkness for some semblance of understanding. The memory of the phone call echoed in my ears, followed by a deafening silence that enveloped the room. The words "he was shot" hung in the air, the final coherent thought before everything blurred into chaos. I couldn't even recall how I had arrived at the hospital. The gurgling sob and sound of my phone falling face first to the ground and shattering...haunted me.

I can't say no more than this
I just hope your heart hear me now

The fluorescent lights buzzed overhead, casting a sterile glow on the scene. Each passing second felt like an eternity as I waited for any sign of life from him, praying for a miracle to break through the suffocating tension. Outside the room, the hospital hummed with its usual activity, oblivious to the agony within these walls. Nurses hurried by, their footsteps echoing in the corridor, while distant voices mingled with the persistent beeping of machines.