{{[ CHAPTER TWO (act 1) ]}}

Morgan fell into the snow, and sighed, he got up slowly and started to cough

Morgan fell into the snow, and sighed, he got up slowly and started to cough. For a split second, Dr. Thorn was taken by surprise by the sudden attack, so his first volley of missiles zipped harmlessly over their heads. This gave a girl that looked Punk and Grover a chance to advance from behind—Punk was wielding a shield, a replica of Aegis.

She was running into battle, Percy looked scared but Morgan found it normal. She uses a huge spear, so you think you're like back in the Actual Green times but you're not. Her shield is presumably modelled after Aegis, a shield from Greek Mythological times. Of course, after all this avoiding, he ends up in their hands. The shield has the head of the gorgon Medusa molded into the bronze, at least it wouldn't turn you to stone.

Dr. Thorn winced and growled when he saw it. "He's a little bit of a girly girl." Morgan sniggered to Angus.

Punk moved in with her spear. "For Zeus!" She yelled as if it was the best and only battle cry out there.

"Boston Tea Party."

Angus sniggered.

Punk began her assault. She jabbed at his head, but he snarled and swatted the spear aside. His hand changed into an orange paw, with enormous claws that sparked against the girl's shield as he slashed. If it hadn't been for Aegis, she would've been sliced like a loaf of bread. As it was, she managed to roll backward and land on her feet.

The sound of the helicopter was getting louder behind them, Morgan looked over and realised it was a military one. Of course, little puny little sissy monsters hiring random airforce people because they don't have enough people over 18 to even drive one.

Dr. Thorn launched another volley of missiles at Punk girl. The missiles deflected off Aegis, but the force of their impact knocked her down.

"What is that girls name?" Morgan asked Angus as Grover sprang forward. He put his reed pipes to his lips and began to play—a frantic jig that sounded like something pirates would dance to. Grass broke through the snow. Within seconds, rope-thick weeds were wrapping around Dr. Thorn's legs, entangling him.

"Thalia." Angus nodded as they both watched as Dr. Thorn roared and began to change. He grew larger until he was in his true form—his face still human, but his body that of a huge lion. His leathery, spiky tail whipped deadly thorns in all directions.

"A manticore! I knew it!" Morgan yelled in triumphant.

"How did you know?" Some random girl that had just materialised from nowhere asked.

"Who are you people?" Bianca di Angelo demanded. "And what is that?"

"A manticore?" Nico gasped again. "He's got three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws!"

"Yeah. We know!" Morgan yelled.

The manticore clawed Grover's magic weeds to shreds then turned toward us with a snarl.