Chapter 1: Laughs And Crys

Kai's POV

******************************************************************

My name is Kai. Kai Caine. Let's just get this straight. I'm gay. I always will be. I'm a senior, and I'm smarter than you think. Most seniors are just goofballs talking shit to girls, using their "charm" to make them take off their clothes and help them make porn for "later" and get drunk with vodka.

That's not me.

I actually care. I don't break up with girls a day after they hit it off with me. If I wasn't gay, of course.

I walked silently to my locker, opened the door, grabbed my health books, and closed my locker. "How are you, fag?" Kaitlyn smiled that evil lip-gloss stained smile. "What the hell do you want, Kait-sin?" If you're wondering, I call her Kait-sin because during a party she once had sex with a minor, and everyone called her a sinner. "You know I didn't mean it!" Kaitlyn looked "suprised", and that's when Kaitlyn's boyfriend came over and I sighed. He acts like he's so perfect. "Oh, Kait-sin's other sinner!" Her boyfriend did the same thing with a different minor. "Aw, gonna cry? You sad that you ain't on my bbc and you want some of Alex?" I stare at him. I look below the torso and stare at the tiny bump in the middle of his groin. "You mean your sbc. Plus, I wouldn't wanna date your small ass. Sex without a condom or shit would be horrible." "Sure, fag."

I've heard enough of the faggot comments. I leave the room, tears streaming down my face. I crashed into some boy and skidded on the newly-shined floor and burned my skin. I cried out in pain. Kaitlyn and Alex burst out laughing. "What a faggot thing to do!" "STOP!" The boy yelled. Kaitlyn and Alex's faces immediately turned serious. They mumbled a "sorry" and walked away silently. "You okay?" The guy looked like heaven. His smile shone light through the thunderstorm happening in my heart and his eyes were like emeralds. His pale brown hair made me feel less imperfect.

"Come on, let's clean you up." I frown. My lips purse. "I don't even know who you are." A humongous crowd gasped through the audience. I hadn't even noticed. "Tom, if you weren't gay I would've gotten you already!" A girl yelled from the crowd. He was gay. And not bullied. I didn't know that was possible. "Bye, guys." He smiled that sunshine smiled and led me to the stalls.

Tom's POV

******************************************************************

I sighed. The crowd waiting for me kept getting bigger and bigger. Welp, not a single boy. "TOM! TOM!" I smile my infamous smile. "Yes?" I ask. "WHEN WILL YOU BE STRAIGHT!" I sigh. Nobody sees me frown and sniffle, not like they would, anyway. "I've already decided, I'm gay. And I always will be."

I'm Tom Fieldman. I'm a Freshman, fresh out of middle school. Heh. I'm gay, if you didn't catch the memo, and I'm lucky. A few reasons I'm lucky are: 1. I'm not bullied, quite the opposite. 2. I'm not like other gay men, keeping it in the closet. 3. I have support from people around me and my family. I have curly brown hair, green eyes, and a smile.

I heard a skid and a masculine cry. My eyes widened. A boy with blonde hair and blue eyes had blue tears streaming down his face and a large read spot on the back side of his legs. "What a faggot thing to do," I heard someone say, and my heart was injected with rage. "STOP!" I yelled. The dumbass people who decided to make fun of that guy mumbled a pathetic sorry and left. "Come on, let's clean you up," and I led him to the bathroom.

"Are you okay? Those idiots obviously weren't treating you nice." His eyes twinkled. "They're friends, I guess." He muttered. "Sure, friends call you offensive words for gay now." He sniffled, grabbed a bunch of napkins, and buried his face in them. I took a napkin and wiped the blood off his legs. I wrapped my arms around him and he left the napkins and buried his face in my shoulder.

"Welp, now my uniform is stained," I sighed and he laughed. I smiled. Not my infamous one, but a genuine, real smile. "What's your name?" I asked the guy. "Kai Caine. What's yours?" "Tom Fieldman. Friends, Kai Caine?" "Friends, Tom Fieldman."