Chapter 11: This Night Has Opened My Eyes

a/n: chapter title iykyk (the smiths reference)

_

Your eyes follow the raindrops as they glide down the glass of your tainted window. Your mind could fall through thick and thin conduits and you still wouldn't zap out of your headspace. You didn't even feel like eating, the red velvet cupcake you had bought prior was sitting on your kitchen counter. Decaying. Nonetheless, you just continued to ponder by yourself.

You felt absolutely pathetic. It was your obliviousness that you made you feel that way. Even a blinded person could see the signs that you didn't. But you were so fucking love-bombed.

However.

You think of it. You really do. And you just realized that you've never asked yourself this question;

Why is he high? What's the reason he's even laying his hands on such precarious drugs?

Every time you thought this, another thought flushed it out; you shouldn't care anyways because he's a fucktard who deserves it.

But a bell kept ringing in your head. You didn't know what for.

'Drugs' and 'Kento' had a connection of some sort. You felt it and you felt like you had been told that before.

Where?

Your eyebrows knitted together and you closed your eyes, practically swimming through your own memories, desperate to remember.

When?

How?

What the fuck am I forgetting?

These things are things that have been said to you once before. Is that..?

You scratch your head.

When the fuck was that?

In that moment, a vestige spark in you clicked.

That conversation.

Your first, sober, conversation.

Everything came rushing back into you like a titanic wave.

He told you that he had messed with this shit when he felt an emotion. He told you that he self-sabotaged himself.

He admitted that to you.

You've seen it happen.

Fuck.