3.3 | Buckbeak's Flight

WHEN CHLOE, RON and Hermione entered the Great Hall for breakfast the next day, they first saw Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a funny story

As they passed, Draco did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

"Ignore him," said Hermione, who was right behind Chloe. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it.."

"Hey, Potter!" Pansy Parkinson, a brunette Slytherin girl, teasingly shrieked. "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooo!"

Chloe just shook her head and dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table, next to George Weasley.

"New third-year timetables," said George, passing them over. "What's up with you, Chloe?" He asked.

"Malfoy," said Ron, sitting down at George's other side and then glaring over at the Slytherin table.

George looked up in time to see Draco and his friend, Theodore Nott, pretending to faint again.

"Those little gits," said George, calmly. "Malfoy wasn't so cocky last night when the Dementors were down our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?" He asked.

"Nearly wet himself." Fred jokingly informed Chloe and Ron, with a contemptuous glance at Draco.

"I wasn't too happy myself. They're horrible things, those Dementors." George pointed out. "Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" Fred asked.

"But you didn't pass out either, did you?" Chloe asked, in a low voice. "Forget it, Chloe. Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been. He came back all weak and shaking. They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there," said George.

"Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match," said Fred, to Chloe, nudging her encouragingly, "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"