Chapter 2

Angel led us to the hotel, which was actually nice but could use some renovation. There was actually a decent amount of people in the lobby the moment we walked in, I dont know if all of them were residents or just staff or both, I assume both because two were sitting in the front desk, the one that got my attention was a beautiful young woman with long blonde hair, she seemed genuinely happy while the other beside her was also pretty but kinda looked unwelcoming.

When the blonde girl noticed Angel with us behind her the smile on her face grew. She approached us with excitement "Who did you bring with you Angel? New residents I presume" she said.

"Yeah, I found them in a bar, apparently they just got here and had no place to stay, that was until I told them to come here" Angel replied.

Now the other girl had stepped up, maybe I missed judging her cause now she was also smiling, why are people happy, ain't this hell? "So did you tell them about the purpose of the hotel or did you just bring them here like that".

"Of course I told them, you think I would screw you guys over like that?" Angel started getting a little defensive.

The white haired girl groaned "Well you have, remember the news last week?" I don't know if they were arguing but it was really hard to follow, especially since we have no context.

"Oh Vaggie, don't be like that, it was an honest mistake, and it's rude to have them here so long and still not have introduced ourselves" The blonde interrupted "I'm Charlie Morningstar, the founder of this hotel, and here is my partner Vaggie" Morningstar? Like the fucking devil, I nod my head. So this was the friend Angel was talking about.

"I'm Veronica, and this is my sister, Mariah" my sister waves her hand at them in a playful manner, then I continue "Angel did tell what about what the hotel is really about and why it is happening. However, she is the one that wants to get redeemed not me, and before you ask why I don't even think I can redeem myself or even deserve to get redeemed in the first place" I pointed at Mariah.

Charlie raised her eyebrow at my statement "Why not, everyone deserves a second chance".

"Look, I get what you're saying but for one to get redeemed needs to feel guilty about their actions, bad about the things they've done. Basically they have to deal with their feelings and emotions, I haven't had much of those since I was twelve" I said, seeing that Charlie was taking my words into consideration I continued "But Mariah over here wants to do all that shit. You wouldn't split up two sisters now, would you?".

"You know what, I get it, and of course I would not split up two sisters, so you can stay here, as long as you don't do sinful things inside the hotel" Charlie grabbed my arm "Now let's go meet the others".

Angel, Vaggie and Mariah weren't really in a talkative mood right now so I guess it was just Charlie that would do the honors of introducing us to the rest of the group. She cleared her throat "Hello, I am happy to introduce to you the two newest residents of this hotel". Their attention turned to us "This is Veronica and her sister Mariah, Angel found them in a bar, I want everyone to make them feel as welcome as possible".

Charlie then pointed at the cat looking guy behind the bar, I swear I saw him mumble something earlier "That's Husk, our bartender" a bartender? Isn't alcohol a sin, anyway, it won't bother me though, that's for sure. "Next that Niffty, our maid" Niffty was a small demon with one eye, she looked kinda insane but also cute at the same time. "Lastly we have Alastor, the manager of the hotel, but he isn't here right now. You'll meet him later"

"Such a lovely little crew you got there Charlie" Mariah said behind me. That's for sure. Now I don't know what Mariah is gonna do but I will slip my way to the bar.

"I will let you guys chat until Alastor comes, I have something in my mind that needs all of us to participate" Charlie said before leaving to go back to the front desk with her girlfriend.

I saw Mariah sitting on the couch chatting with Angel while Niffty was asking her some very weird questions. "So what do you want" Husk asked me distracting me from my thoughts, "A drink, whatever you have" I mumble "Whatever I have? You must not be much of a drinker then, huh" I roll my eyes "No trust me I am, but my brain isn't really braining right now due to the fact I fucking died like an hour ago, so hit me with the stronger drink you have". 

"Okay, your words not mine" he pours me a shot of God knows what, I don't question it, I just take it down like water. Fucking hell, it was actually strong "I would have died sooner if I knew that the drinks in hell were actually strong as fuck like that. Pour me another one".

"Are you sure you can handle it? this is pretty strong" Husk smirked, I will wipe that shitty grin off his face "Bitch please, I have been drinking since I was 12, now pour me another one" I look at him dead in the eye, he groans "You know what, I couldn't care less, take the whole fucking bottle if you want" Jeez, that's a grumpy old man. "Fine, I will" I grab the bottle out of his hand, he glares at me but then goes back to cleaning glasses with an old musty cloth.

Before I could take a sip another demon walks inside the hotel, I presume he was Alastor since no one seemed surprised by his presence. He had a creepy grin on his face, on top of his head he had some very fluffy looking ears that I would die... again just to touch them, and I probably will if do try to touch them, who knows what kind of psychopath is hiding under that smile. Wait, is that smiley face Angel told us about earlier.

"Alastor, so happy that you are back, Angel brought two new guests" Charlie said from the front desk before getting up. 

"Is that so?" He responded, the smile never leaving his face "So where are they?"

"Right here" she pointed at us.

 "I'm Veronica" my sister smiled "And I'm Mariah, we are sisters".

"Well it's a pleasure to be meeting you dears, quite a pleasure" he offered his hand, I gladly shook it, so did my sister.

"And now that you are here, we can finally do what I had in mind" Charlie said.

"And what was that dear?" he questioned.

Charlie was so excited to say what she wanted to do. That was until a wall was fucking blown off. I tried looking out of the giant hole that was just created, what I saw was definitely... something, a flying ship of some kind. I looked around to see if everyone else was seeing what I was seeing.

I exited the hotel only to find Alastor in one of the hotel room's balconies. A snake demon from what I saw was talking to Alastor.

"Face my wrath".

Alastor's response was hilarious at last "Who are you?" he said while sipping a cup of tea.

I wasn't really paying attention to what the snake said next since the next exact moment Alastor transformed into something big and creepy and started smashing some egg creatures, some giant black things came out of his back, wrapping themselves around the ship crushing it, Alastor seemed to be enjoying the show almost as much as I did. He was a sadistic piece of fuck and I respected him for it. I think we are gonna get a long just fine.

 "Alastor, I think he has had enough, come on" Charlie remarked since he seemed to be getting quite out of hand.

I groan "Come Charlie, I was enjoying the show".

"Great now we have two sadistic assholes in this hotel, just great" Vaggie said.

Alastor was now back to his more humain form, he started walking towards the entrance of the hotel. Lastly he fixed the wall that got destroyed.