Finally.

Warning: light swearing, throwing up

*Bucky's coming home today*

Y/N woke up at 4am, covered in sweat and tears, her hair messily in her face and the blanket tangled in her legs. She sat up, forgetting where she was until she saw Sam sitting at his desk, working on his laptop. "Couldn't sleep?" Her voice sounded foreign to her ears, her Russian accent sneaking its way in. Sam glances over at her before returning his attention to his laptop. "Well I could sleep but Redwing needs fixing for the mission next week. Your morning accent makes you sound badass by the way." He pauses for a few seconds as he types before talking again. "Speaking of missions, your lover is coming home today from his HYDRA base camping stakeout thing, right?" She rolled her eyes at him labelling Bucky as her 'lover' but she couldn't deny it. She loved him with all her heart and always would. She rolled out of the bed, catching herself before she hit the ground. "Yeah he's coming home at midday. Or he should be unless there's a complication." She stood up, brushing the hair from her mouth and eyes. Sam grabbed her a chair and she sat down beside him. They talked for about three hours and Y/N helped him fix Redwing before standing up from the chair, cracking her knuckles.

Sam glanced over as she did this, standing up too and gently placing his hand on her shoulder. "Y/N? You ok?" She nodded but whenever she moved, even a tiny bit, a wave of nausea rammed into her, rendering her mute. "You look sick. Maybe you should sit down for a bit." Sam gently helped her sit down but she sprang back up and run to the bathroom. "Y/N!" Sam ran after her as she threw up in the toilet. He quickly held her hair back with one hand, the other rubbing comforting circles on her back.

After a minute or so, she finally stopped, leaning back so her back is pressed against the wall. "Y/N, are you ok now?" She nodded, putting her head against the wall. "Yeah I'm... better. I felt fine when I woke up, I don't get why I suddenly..." She motions to the toilet as Sam flushed it. "It's ok, don't worry. The important thing is you're better now." Sam helped her stand up and supported her just in case she fell as the pair walked back into his bedroom.

After Sam laid her down on his bed, despite her relentless protesting and her saying she was fine. "Sam, I'm fine, seriously!" Sam comfortingly held her, ignoring her attempts to move away and be stubborn. "That's the fourth time that you've thrown up in the morning Y/N, what is wrong? And don't say nothing!" She sighed and leaned against him, wrapping her arm around him. "I don't know. I just randomly keep throwing up in the morning." Sam looked a bit confused at first but then, a wave of realization flowed over him. "Y/N... When was your last period?" She laughed slightly. "What? It was..." She tried to remember but she couldn't. She quickly grabbed her phone from Sam's beside table and unlocked it, opening her period tracker app.

Her face fell when she saw when her last period was. "Y/N?" She was speechless, staring at her phone. Sam looked at it over her shoulder and saw it said '37 days since last period'. "That's not good, Elsa. You should probably take a pregnancy test." She shook her head, a look of fear and anxiety flashing in her ocean eyes. "No, th-there's no way, me and Bucky, w-we were careful! I can't be pregnant, I'm sure it's j-just... something else." Sam put a hand on her shoulder and pulled her into a hug. He whispered comforting words in her ear as she clung to him like a koala.

"How about we wait for Bucky to get back, then you talk to him about the throwing up and missing your period. Then take a pregnancy test. Sound good?" She nodded, glad that she wouldn't have to freak out yet but the pit in her stomach was turning into a chasm. She was only 31, she wasn't ready to be a mother yet.