Chapter 9: Nothing Can Stop The Sandman

Flint Marko walked into the darkened office of Hammerhead, where the man himself was waiting.

"Thanks for bailing me out," Flint said. "But I gotta ask, why?"

"Because you're the next candidate for my super-human program," Hammerhead answered.

"Now hold on," Flint protested. "I didn't sign on to be nobody's lab rat!"

"Oh, trust me Marko, you'll like it," Hammerhead assured him. "You'll be able to squash that pesky bug."

"Fine...as long as it don't turn me into no mutant freak!" Flint answered.

Hammerhead smiled, "If it does, you'll think it's worth it."

~~~~~~~Scene Change~~~~~~~~

"Me amigos!" Ned exclaimed as he embraced Peter and MJ. "How was your holiday?"

"Pretty good!" Peter answered. "Pepper and Morgan came as well."

Ned's jaw dropped, "Dude, I should've been here too!"

"Relax Leeds," MJ remarked. "He didn't even tell ME that they were coming."

"I told you; I didn't even know!" Peter protested, only for her to playfully nudge him.

They sat down on or around the couch and turned on the Nintendo Switch. Peter and Ned hadn't seen MJ play any video games, but over winter break she claimed that she could. Well, time to prove it!

"Alright Lady Jones, pick your poison!" Ned challenged.

"Any Zelda games on here?" MJ asked.

"Breath of the Wild, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and many others," Peter responded.

"I'll go with Skyward Sword," said MJ.

Soon, Ned put in the game card and MJ started up a new game.

"So these are all motion controls, right?" asked MJ while holding the Joy-Cons.

"It's button controls, now," said Peter.

"Got it," MJ said as she began to get the hang of the controls.

A minute in...

"It's times like this I wish Link talked!" Ned griped.

"He heard everything Groose said, so that shithead better fess up!" MJ agreed.

"Well, you can make dialogue choices for him," said Peter.

"Yeah, but still..." MJ remarked.

After playing a little more, Ned commented about not liking the "Endurance Meter" or that Link was right-handed in the game.

When it got to the part where Link gets the Goddess Sword...

"Who else thinks Fi is more annoying than Navi?" Peter asked. MJ and Ned both raised their hands.

"At least now, we have the option to shut her off," she said.

After playing some more, MJ remembered that they'd have swimming class in P.E. in the coming weeks.

"Time to go home, then?" asked Peter.

"Yeah, looks like it," said MJ.

Of course, the next day, Peter had something else to worry about besides gym class.

After school, he did his usual Spidey Patrol...so far nothing... Until a loud crash at the bank broke down the doors!

That's when he looked down and saw that it was none other than Flint Marko.