Chapter 32

The door opened, making Axel look up from the book he was reading, "Hey Drakon," he said as he slid the bookmark into the book. "Hey Doll."

"Axel," Carina replied softly as she held tight to the handle on Drakon's vest.

"I'll see her the same time next week, Axel," Lily smiled, "unless you or she feels the need to see me sooner. Just call and I'll make sure I have an opening if we need to."

"Thanks Aunt Lily," Axel said as he put his hand on Carina's elbow. "See you in two days."

"I'll be here and waiting. Remind Owen his appointment is tomorrow please."

"I will," Axel nodded. "Feeling hungry, Doll?"

"No thank you," she whispered. "Just tired."

"Okay, home it is," he said as he started to follow Drakon to the door. "I just need to make one stop first if that's okay."

"Sure," she replied softly.

Alex opened the car door and she felt him buckle her seat before carefully shutting the door so he could head over to his side. He kept the music on low and turned on the heated seats since he knew it would help relax her body. She was tense even with Drakon resting his head on her shoulder.

She closed her eyes and sighed as the warmth started to cover her body and the pressure from Drakon's head erased some of the heaviness in her shoulders. She was in that state where she was kind of asleep and just barely awake and she felt the car come to a stop. "Home?" she mumbled drowsily.

"No Doll," Axel chuckled as he unbuckled her seat. The next thing she felt were his arms wrapping around her as he pulled her from the car and started carrying her somewhere. She started to protest but he tightened his grip on her, "be still." She melted back into his hold with a soft smile on her lips.

After a couple of minutes she heard what sounded like running water so she lifted her head, "where are we?" She asked softly.

"A place I like to go and think sometimes after seeing Aunt Lily," he admitted as she felt them lowering to the ground. "It's just a small park I found one time after taking a drive. There's no one around so I thought it might help. Just pretend I'm not here if you want. Sit back and relax. Take all the time you want," he whispered. "We're in no hurry."

"But–"

"But nothing," Axel shook his head. "I already told the guys that I would take you to my spot if I felt you needed it. Each one of us sometimes takes some time after seeing Aunt Lily, we each have our own spots and we don't know where each other's places are because they are ours. Sometimes we need time afterwards and sometimes we don't. We can always help you find your own spot too if you want. But for now, let's just enjoy my spot. If you need to be alone, Doll, I can wait in the car, I have my book."

"No," She quickly shook her head. "Thank you, Axel, but can I just stay here...with you?"

He smiled, "Of course Doll," he kissed her forehead gently.

She shifted until her back was against his chest and wrapped his arms around her stomach. "Thank you, Axel," she whispered. "For bringing me here."

"Thank you for letting me bring you here," he whispered back. "Would you like me to describe it to you?"

"Would you please?" she whispered as she relaxed into him even more. "Like hearing your voice..." her voice told him that she was drifting back into that half sleep half awake stage, "so dreamy."

He chuckled before placing another kiss onto the top of her head. "We're in a state park and there is a small waterfall in front of us. I'm currently leaning against a giant tree and we are surrounded by trees. It kind of reminds me of the forest from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." She hummed as she tightened his hold around her. "The water is clear enough that I can see the mud and there is a squirrel in the tree above us. There are birds talking to one another in the trees and a few times that I have been here I've seen some rabbits hopping around too." He looked down at her peaceful smile and calm swept over him. His mind was quiet and his heart was happy. He wanted this moment to last forever.

If someone was to take their picture right now it would be one of those lovey dovey couples having a romantic moment together kind of picture. Now that he thought about it, it wouldn't be bad to have. Once he was sure she was asleep he would carefully move his arm and take a picture of them. Knowing Gabe he would want to frame it and hang it on the wall. Wow he couldn't believe he was having these kinds of thoughts now. He never really thought of family moments like this before, even though he was in love with the guys. He just wasn't really a family man like that but now because of her, this tiny little woman, he was finding himself looking forward to more family time with the guys and her. He wasn't the only one either. Most of the guys were now not working so late and coming home at decent hours. It was funny how she was making them better men and she didn't even realize it.

She sighed softly, making him snap out of his thoughts. Well, since she found his voice so soothing, he would keep talking. "Have I ever told you any of my grandmother's fables she would tell me as a child, Doll? Let me tell you about the wolf and the moon..."