Chapter 2

Izuku POV, aged twelve

I decided to celebrate my twelfth birthday above ground. Leaving the safety of the compound is a rather rare thing for me these days. The last time I was outside was months ago when Kurogiri, Eva, and I decided to spend some time in our beachside villa in France.

The villa was originally owned by Father, and was carefully maintained by a well-paid group that did not ask questions. We admittedly only spent a few hours there, but the brief break from my work and studies was very satisfying.

This time, however, I gave the decision on the location to Eva. I have been working on giving her more decision making opportunities.

She often struggles to make choices that could conflict with my own decisions. I wish for her to be a friend, not a servant. Mutual trust is an integral part of any strong friendship. At least, that's what the literature I've read states.

Kurogiri clears his voice.

"Are you ready, young Master?"

I double-check to ensure that I have my phone on me, with Eva doing the same. Our cellphones have panic buttons that will alert Kurogiri if something goes wrong.

If worse comes to worse, well, Eva was originally intended to be my bodyguard for a reason.

I of course have some rather destructive quirks at my disposal if that is required. Although, that should be the last possible option. Going all out in a residential area would be... not great for our image.

I nod to the shadowy figure beside me.

"Yes, we are ready now, thank you Kurogiri."

Kurogiri forms a portal and Eva takes point, leading me through. Such precautions are unfortunately necessary. While the Heroes know that Father is dead, if they discover that he had a son... it would not end well for us.

I am not yet ready to face All might.

My thoughts on All might are rather mixed. Over the years I have spent much time reading up on Hero society, and my opinions on society have... matured somewhat. In the beginning, I had blindly wished to carry on Father's legacy. But after learning of the torture, human trafficking and worse...

Do I truly wish to follow in his footsteps?

Despite my aspirations towards villainy I can't help but respect true Heroes and what they stand for. Those who fight to rescue and protect those in need, rather than the "Heroes" who simply exist to fight villains mindlessly.

All might killed my father. That is a fact. But, it feels difficult to judge him for it. It is All might's duty to protect the innocent, and Father was very much a threat to society.

I would like to meet the man who wields One for All someday and ask questions for myself. Or perhaps, I would wait for him to choose a successor whom I could then question?

While One for All and All for One are fated opponents, I wouldn't mind gaining some understanding of the other side. I'm sure there must be something going on in their heads, despite what my Father claimed.

"Izuku. You are doing it again."

I exhale softly and shake the heavy thoughts from my mind.

"Thank you, Eva."

Eva has been slowly softening up as time passes. I wished to converse with her as an equal, not as a subordinate. She struggled with the concept at first but over time she has been getting better at it. I do my best to prompt her to make decisions for me, even if it is just small things such as asking which shirt I should wear for the day.