Chapter 25

The Gujarat Titans, a formidable force throughout the season, found themselves in the throes of the grand finale against the Rajasthan Royals. The air was thick with anticipation, the kind that precedes great moments in history. Shubman could be seen pacing the confines of the dressing room, a bundle of nerves yet a picture of focus. Hardik had just returned from the coin toss, his voice cutting through the tension, "We're taking the field first. Let's gear up, Titans!"

As the team made their way to the stadium, a sense of unity and determination enveloped them. In the VIP box, a constellation of their most ardent supporters — Anvi, Shahneel, Lakwinder, Keart, Natasa, and little Agastya — waited with bated breath, their eyes reflecting the dreams of a million fans.

The clash of titans began with Yashasvi Jaiswal and Jos Buttler at the helm for the Royals. Jaiswal, swift and agile, racked up 22 runs off 16 balls before Yash Dayal's cunning delivery found its way into the safe hands of Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore. The commentator's voice boomed across the stadium, "What a phenomenal catch by R. Sai Kishore!"

Buttler, the stalwart, amassed 39 runs in 35 balls, only to be outsmarted by Hardik's guileful bowling and Wriddhiman Saha's vigilant catch. "The Titans are on fire today," the commentator roared, as the crowd erupted in cheers.

Sanju Samson, the Royals' captain, stepped up only to be sent back with 14 runs to his name, courtesy of Hardik's exceptional bowling and Sai Kishore's athleticism. "Hardik Pandya is on a roll today," the commentator praised.

Devdutt Padikkal, the young gun, struggled to find his rhythm and managed a mere 2 runs from 10 balls before falling prey to Rashid Khan's spin, with Mohammad Shami completing the dismissal. "Hardik Pandya is orchestrating a masterclass in bowling," the commentator observed, as the Titans tightened their grip on the game.

Shimron Hetmyer, the powerhouse, contributed 11 runs before becoming another notch on Hardik's belt, who not only bowled but also caught him. "Such fervor from a bowler is rare to see. The Titans might just ride this wave to victory," the commentator speculated.

Ravichandran Ashwin, the strategist, could only add 6 runs before Sai Kishore's delivery found its way to David Miller. "This young player is a marvel with both ball and in the field," the commentator noted.

Riyan Parag, the fighter, scored 15 runs but couldn't withstand Shami's lethal bowling. "Shami's bowling is simply unplayable today," the commentator declared.

Trent Boult, the Kiwi speedster, managed 11 runs before Sai Kishore's magic and Rahul Tewatia's catch ended his stint. "Sai Kishore is showcasing prodigious talent," the commentator admired.

The Royals set a target of 130 for 9 in their 20 overs, leaving the Titans with a score of 131 to claim the trophy.

After a brief interlude, the Titans' openers, Wriddhiman Saha and Shubman Gill, took to the crease. Saha's stint was short-lived, scoring 5 runs before Prasidh Krishna's delivery sent him back. "The Royals have started strong. Can they maintain this momentum?" the commentator pondered.

Shubman, the young Titan, stood firm. Matthew Wade contributed 8 runs before being undone by Trent Boult's strategic bowling and Riyan Parag's catch. "Boult seems to have a plan for every move," the commentator mused.

An incredible partnership unfolded between Hardik and Shubman, only to be disrupted when Hardik was caught off Yuzvendra Chahal's bowling after a valiant 34 runs. "The partnership is broken, but can the Titans sustain their charge?" the commentator questioned.

David Miller then joined Shubman, and together they formed an unbreakable alliance. "The Titans need just 4 more runs with 11 balls remaining," the commentator announced, the excitement palpable in his voice.