19. Night School: Part 3

"Call the cops," Jackson orders as he looks over at me and Stiles.

"No," Stiles shakes his head.

Jackson's brows furrow. "What-- What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. You want to hear it in Spanish? No," Stiles repeats. "Look, Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with."

"Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department," Jackson points out. "Call him."

"I'm calling him," Lydia states before reaching into her bag.

"No, Lydia, would you just hold on a second--," Stiles starts when Jackson pushes him back.

"Hey!" I snap as I storm over to the pair and direct my attention to Jackson. "Back off."

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills High School. We're trapped, and we need you to...," Lydia starts to explain before trailing off. "But..." My brows furrow as she lowers her phone. "She hung up on me."

Allison's brows raise. "The police hung up on you?"

"She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be prank calls about a break-in at the high school. She said if I call them again, they're gonna trace it and have me arrested," Lydia explains.

"Okay, then call again," Allison urges.

"No, they won't trace a cell. And they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here," I admit.

"What the... What... What is this? Why does Derek want to kill us? Why is he killing anyone?" Allison questions.

Everyone exchanges glances before looking over at Scott. "Why's everyone looking at me?"

"Is he the one who sent her that text?" Lydia asks.

"No. I mean, I-I don't know," Scott stutters out.

"Is he the one who called the police?" Allison questions.

"I don't know!" Scott exclaims.

"All right, why don't we ease back on the throttle here, yeah?" Stiles suggests before pulling Scott aside. I glance over at the others before following them. "Okay, first off, throwing Derek under the bus, nicely done."

"I-I didn't know what else to say. I had to say something," Scott sighs. "And if he's dead then it doesn't matter, right?"

"Except if he's not," I comment.

"Oh, God, I totally just bit her head off," Scott mutters.

"And she'll totally get over it," Stiles shrugs. "Bigger issues at hand here, like how do we get out alive?"

"But we are alive. It could've killed us already," Scott points out. "It's like it's cornering us or something."

"So what, it wants to eat us all at the same time?" Stiles questions.

"No! Derek said it wants revenge," Scott admits.

"Against who?" I press.

"Allison's family?" Scott shrugs.

"Maybe that's what the text was about," Stiles suggests making Scott's brows furrow. "Someone had to send it."

"Okay, assheads," Jackson starts. We look over at him. "New plan. Stiles or Cassie calls their useless dad and tells him to send someone with a gun and a decent aim. Are we good with that?"

Stiles and I exchange a glance and I shake my head. "He's right. Tell him the truth if you have to, just--just call him," Scott nods.

"I'm not watching our dad get eaten alive," Stiles states.