26. Party Guessed: Part 3

My brows furrow as I glance around at everyone.

Everyone's acting really weird all of a sudden. Almost like they're drunk but I thought Lydia was handing out punch. Unless it's spiked punch, they shouldn't be intoxicated.

I peer down at my untouched glass of punch and I go to sip it when a chill runs up my spine. I pause before pulling the glass away from my lips.

Something's telling me I shouldn't drink this and my gut feeling hasn't been wrong yet.

I lower the glass before setting it on the table I'm standing next to.

I need to find Scott. I need to make sure he doesn't drink any of the punch.

I push my way through the crowd and head outside. I look around when I finally spot Scott and Stiles. I rush towards them when I notice the glass of punch in Scott's hand. "Have either of you drank the punch?" I question.

"Yeah, we both have," Stiles nods.

"Shit," I curse.

Stiles's brows furrow. "Why?"

"I don't know. Call it a feeling but something's wrong with the punch," I admit.

"Have you drank any?" Stiles asks.

"No," I respond before taking the glasses out of their hands. "And I don't think either of you should drink anymore." I toss their glasses in the trash. "Have either of you seen Lydia?"

"No, we haven't," Scott shakes his head.

"Damn... Okay. Just--Just don't drink anymore punch, okay? I'm gonna try and find her."

|| || ||

As I'm making my way through the crowd, I turn my head to the left when I run right into someone. "Sorry, I wasn't looking--," I start as I look up to see Scott standing in front of me. "Scott?"

"Did you find Lydia?" Scott asks.

"No, I haven't seen her," I shake my head.

"You were right about the punch. Something's wrong with it," he states.

"What happened? How do you know?" I question.

"I... I had a hallucination," he admits.

My brows raise. "What'd you see?"

"Uh... It doesn't matter. Point is, I almost shifted right in the middle of the party," he sighs.

My eyes widen. "We need to find Stiles."

|| || ||

"Stiles, look at me. Drink the water," Scott huffs. Stiles ignores Scott. "Stiles, drink it. Something's happening, and I need you to sober up right now."

"Come on, Stiles," I groan.

"What do you think you're doing?" Danielle, a classmate, questions. "You want him to sober him up fast, that's not the way to do it."

My brows raise. "You can do better?"

"I can do best, girl," Danielle states before grabbing Stiles and dunking his head in the pool. Stiles gasps and I stare at her in shock. "How do you feel?"

"Like I might have to revisit my policy on hitting a girl," Stiles responds.

Danielle nods. "He's sober."

|| || ||

I cling onto Scott's arm as we rush through the party and outside. "Hey, I can't find her," Stiles admits. "And, guys, anyone who drank that crap, they're freaking out."

A couple of people run towards the pool and jump in. "We can see that," Scott comments.

"What the hell do we do?" Stiles asks.

"I don't know, but we gotta--," I start when a voice fills my ears.

"I can't swim!" I freeze and look over at the pool. "No, no, no, no, stop, guys!" Two guys throw another guy into the pool. "I can't--" The guy bobs up and down as he struggles to stay above the water. "I can't--" He sinks into the water when Jackson reaches in and grabs the guy's arm before pulling him out. The guy climbs out of the pool before rising from the ground. My eyes widen when I see that it's Matt.

Oh, my God.

Matt glances around at the people watching. "What are you looking at?" Matt starts to walk towards the house when he sees the three of us staring at him. Matt glares at us before walking past.

"The cops are here."

"Party's over!"

Everyone scrambles to leave the party and the three of us exchange a glance.

It's Matt... He's the one controlling the Kanima.