Chapter 9

Mahera's POV :---

I was dumbstruck when I heard his identity. I couldn't even process the words, all I could remember was his smile when he used to look at me , his sad expressions when he had to return to his house. At first I was thinking why he was staring at me when we met at the gate of the company but now everything was crystal clear . He recognised me in one look, ooh does that means he still loves me, No No No Mahi don't think this way there's no chance of this as he is the most wanted and eligible batchelor of the world at this moment he won't even spare a glance at me now !!! But what if it's true ?? What will I answer if he asks me why I didn't contact him ? How the fuck am I expected to handle the situation now . I shouldn't have come here .....

All these thoughts were running in my mind when a hand tapped my shoulder, I turned around only to see Ansh calling me as the meeting had ended. When he put his hand on my shoulder , I suddenly felt a chilling gaze on me, it was none other than ved. He was looking murderously at Ansh whose hand was still on my shoulder. I removed his hand from there and went out with him without looking back as I knew how many questions I'll have to answer if I face Ved right now and honestly I was not ready for this QNA session.

When we came out Ansh asked me about my thoughts as unlike everyone he was able to penetrate into my fake expression and look at my pale face. I told him about Ved without wasting another second. He was shocked, will be an understatement, He was SHOCKED !!!!! So shocked that he forgot to walk now it was my turn to pat his shoulder. We, both best friends came out of the building to head towards another building with the same dead expressions on our faces. I was worried about how I'll face the situation now and he was worried about how he'll solve this crisis of my life as it was his duty as my male best friend to solve every crisis of my life. After we were done with the work and were in the cab for our hotel, Ansh took my hands in his and said,

"Kill me ."

"TF are you saying idiot ?

"No trust me, just kill me in one go but don't get stuck in these kinds of situations please I'm begging you !!!"

"What the hell will you do now tell me " He continued jerking my hands off from his.

"I don't know, please yaar just help me this last time, I'll not do anything like this from now on, but I didn't do anything today also it's just the stupid fate that we had to meet with his company and I got to face him....please yaar you are my crisis solver please help me last time last time please ..." I requested him.

"Actually thinking with a cool mind I guess he won't contact you now as he's so perfect he can get any other girl he wants so why will he contact you ?" he said with calm expressions.

These words pierced through my heart and my face fell. I looked up at him only to find him staring with questions in his eyes.

"But I love him. What will I do if he gets someone else ?" I said complaining.

"Then why the fuck did you leave him ??" He said loudly .

"I didn't leave him ." I said determined.

"Yes of course you just didn't contact him after changing your number, so that he could not find you " he said .

"If he wanted to he could." I said looking away.

"Look at your audacity Mahera !! You're blaming him for not contacting him after you yourself changed your number !!" He said.

"He could come to my house. Or he could have asked his friends for help to contact me !" I made my point clear.

"Maybe he had his own compulsions buddy !! " he said.