✿ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ ✿

✿ ᴋᴀᴛsᴜᴋɪ ᴘᴏᴠ

“Bakugo-kun!!”

“Oh. Hey, L/N-chan.” I said, turning around to see the eight year old girl. A wide grin was plastered on her face, and her round eyes sparkled with excitement as she bashfully leaned back and forth on her heels.

“I just wanted to say...um...” 

She seemed very nervous. But I wanted her to finish her sentence, so I kept quiet.

“Your quirk is super awesome!” she blurted out, “I-I think it's really flashy and cool and...”

I remember that made me grin. Praise like that usually would. Taking my left hand out of my pocket, we both watched as it glowed a warm orange before releasing hundreds of tiny explosions. 

“I'm gonna be the best hero with this quirk!” I said proudly, “The number one hero!”

“I'm gonna be a hero too! Just like you and Midoriya-kun!” she chimed in. That made me stop. I scoffed in her face.

“Yeah, sure. But you guys will never beat me!”

___________________________

“Y/N-chan! Your quirk is so cool!!”

We were sat in a large circle in our classroom that day. L/N was situated in the middle with two of our teachers. I watched as one of them threw a green apple in the air. L/N looked up at it and the fruit froze in place. 

Everyone in our class had developed their quirks long before elementary school - myself included. The only people left in our class without their own were L/N and Deku. 

Well...after this day, Deku was the odd one out.

Oohs and aahs could be heard from the class as the other kids clapped at the sight before them.

“Now we have two potential heroes in this class, haven't we?” our teacher said gleefully. L/N blinked, and the apple fell with a thud onto the carpet. As our teacher stood from her kneeling position, L/N spoke up,

“Um, Miss?”

“Yes, Y/N-”

The woman suddenly stopped moving, and the class erupted into fits of giggles. L/N covered her mouth with her hands as she laughed.

“Woah...” Deku breathed, “You'd be an unstoppable hero, L/N-chan!”

“I know right?” She grinned in response. Our other teacher sighed,

“Now that's not funny, Y/N. Go on; release her and apologise.”

L/N obliged and muttered a quick apology, which sent the class into another round of laughs, our teachers included. Everyone else seemed to smiling. 

Everyone except me.

________________

“Forward march and here we go! Members of the agency Bakugo!” I sung happily as my friends and I marched around the park. We were playing Heroes, a stupid game my elementary friends and I would play after-school everyday.

“C'mon, team!" I yelled, “We've gotta defeat the bad guy! Lets-”

“Bakugo-kun?”

L/N tugged at my sweatshirt,

“Yeah?”

“Can I play your game too? Mom says I can hang around here until the sun sets!”